Pat O'Riordan ailing

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Pat O'Riordan ailing

Post by Dale »

Hello Dale,

I am writing to ask if you would please include a message for me in the news letter.

I would like to let my customers know that for 2 months or so I have been experiencing a painful back problem. To such an extent that during that time I have achieved very little in completing and shipping whistle orders.

I had hoped it would clear up through medication and therapy, but no luck!

I am scheduled for surgery May 3rd. With about 4 weeks convalescence. Hopefully During that time I can get to work again.

I do regret the inconvenience this is causing people, and hope they will keep in touch.
With best wishes,
Pat O'Riordan.
Talbert St. Claire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

spoke to Pat!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Pat has been a good friend of mine for atleast 10-yrs. Talk about a wonderful human being in so many ways!! A great guy with an incredible spirit for kindness.

I'v just spoken to Pat and he seems to be doing fine at the moment, but could use a prayer from each of us. I am convinced that there is nothing in this world that could compare to assisting another fellow human being!

Even though his surgery is scheduled for early next week he is very excited about the raffle for Jerry Freeman!! He sends his regard's to you Jerry. :wink: -T.S.C.

P.S. PLEASE be very patient regarding your orders if you are on the list.
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
chas

Re: spoke to Pat!

Post by chas »

talbert st.claire wrote: P.S. PLEASE be very patient regarding your orders if you are on the list.
Two, two and a half, three years; One needs to be patient, and it'll be a pleasant surprise whenever they come. :wink:

I agree with all, Pat is a heckuva nice guy, and I hope he's on the mend really soon.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

He must be a wonderful person, and also greatly talented, to produce such magical instruments.
Speedy recovery!

Mary
Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh boy. Back pain is a really bad thing to have. It can be completely debilitating. All the best to Pat. I really hope the surgery is successful. He'll be in my thoughts and prayers for sure.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

All the best to a wonderful member of the musical community.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Pat is one of those people about whom everyone who knows him talks about what a nice man he is. And he is. Of all of my whistles, there is none I treasure more than my O'Riordans. In fact, I killed a man once over my D/C set.

Dale
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

A thought for a speedy and comfortable recovery, Pat. Ordinarily it would be difficult to separate out purely altruistic sentiments here from the, "Oh God, I hope I'll get my whistle(s)" instincts. However, anyone who knows Pat even a little appreciates the humble caring soul behind the whistles. In my case, this from just two telephone conversations over the past couple of years.

And yes, Dale, no army will wrest my Travelers from me!

Best,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I've never spoken to Pat, never played one of his whistles and I'm not on his list. But when I hear only consistently good things said about someone, and when I hear them said often, it's impossible for me not to want to share in the general feeling of goodwill. This is one natural inclination of mine I don't intend to curb. So, good luck Pat.

I've had back surgery and can attest to the fact that it is possible to make a full recovery and completely lose pain that was chronic and almost unbearable. Depending on the nature of his operation, it might not be possible for him to work effectively during rehab, but four weeks convalescence doesn't sound too bad. I can only hope it all goes well.
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

DaleWisely wrote:In fact, I killed a man once over my D/C set.
Haven't we all...? :D

Anyway, all the best to Pat. Hope he gets better soon. :-)

/Jens
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I've had back surgery twice and it's no fun. Here's wishing Pat a full recovery and the opportunity to make 5,000 more whistles in his own good time.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

All my best to Pat from one whistlesmit to another. Never met the man, but I've met his whistles and have the highest admiration for them.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!