For Sale : Chieftain Low F

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
timgreenwood
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

For Sale : Chieftain Low F

Post by timgreenwood »

I'm selling my lovely Chieftain to buy an Overton Low D to play in some sessions.

The whistle is in excellent condition & has a very pure & warm tone. Comes with a padded whistle bag.

$75 ono
Talbert St. Claire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

trade.

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hi Tim,

I do not have any Overton low d's but I do have some d's that are just as good! Are you interested in a great trade? Sometimes people are trying to go for the Overton and forget that other instruments are out there. They are great instruments but others also exist. I have a few Chieftain Low-f's and they have an incredibly sweet tone! Amazing whistles by Phil!! However, you mentioned that your's carry a "pure" tone which really describes a fair amount of "back pressure"!

If you are stuck on grabbing the Overton I completely understand. One of my low d's for your low-f if interested.

Go to my web-site and sample the whistle's. If you have the time.. Enjoy! Address is:talbertstclaire.com

Look forward to hearing from you.-Talbert
Last edited by Talbert St. Claire on Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Talbert St. Claire

Re: trade.

Sorry for the double post!-Thanks
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
Easily_Deluded_Fool

Post by Easily_Deluded_Fool »

talbert st.claire wrote: Go to my web-site and sample the whistle's. If you have the time.. Enjoy! Address is:talbertstclaire.com
I keep getting 403 You are not authorized to view this page.

:( :-? :cry:

This works OK tho'
http://talbertstclaire.com/default.asp

:oops:
Last edited by Easily_Deluded_Fool on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whistles were harmed in the transmission of this communication.
timgreenwood

talbert's whistle's

Post by timgreenwood »

hey talbert.
just checked out your website... very good site
do you make the whistle's you are selling, or do you have some made by various other people?

:) tim
Talbert St. Claire

site!

Hello Easily, (Updated! Just realized you already had the link :lol: )

Try this. Go to Jesse's post up top(Jerry Freeman's Raffle). Scroll down and my direct link is there! Let me know what you think about my samples. Check out the 2-full length trks 4, 12. - Enjoy!

Hi Tim,

The Low Whistles I play are Chieftain's!! I LOVE Phils Whistles! If you sample my whistling you can hear the loudness and denseness of these amazing Low Whistles! Phil is also a great Guy to deal with. If you want to contact him directly instead of trading w/ me that would be fine(kerrywhistles.com). Its just that I could let this other whistle go as a trade ofcourse! In the future try some of these Low whistles as well. Overtons are really good! But the Chieftains are very impressive these days! I mean, VERY! I play them extensively! If you are a starter player I have just the Low Whistle as a trade! Get back w/ me Tim!

Thanks to both you Guys!-Talbert
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

talbert st.claire wrote:Hi Tim,

I do not have any Overton low d's but I do have some d's that are just as good!
I do have Overtons and I have not played a Chieftain that was just as good, for what that's worth. Get your Overton Low D, I'd say.
/Bloomfield
Talbert St. Claire

Bloomfield,

As a professional player and recording artist I have been playing both for many many long years! I understand them both inside and out completely.

They both are VERY good!

My web-site does mention that I play them both! My new cd "Harvest Moon" will feature "almost" entirely the Chieftains!! A few Overtons as well. I feel that the Chieftains are really TOP NOTCH LOW WHISTLE'S!

You mentioned that you have tried a Chieftain Low Whistle. But are you a professional player? Then, my advice would be to you is before you post something like that please have "complete knowlege" of both instruments beforehand. Best,Talbert
Last edited by Talbert St. Claire on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

NorCal ducks and runs for cover! :o
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

NorCalMusician wrote:NorCal ducks and runs for cover! :o
Better run for "complete cover." ;)
/Bloomfield
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

talbert st.claire wrote: You mentioned that you have tried a Chieftain Low Whistle. But are you a professional player? Then, my advice would be to you is before you post something like that please have "complete knowlege" of both instruments beforehand. Best,Talbert
Godallfeckingmighty :cry:
Talbert St. Claire

relax!

Relax Peter :wink: . I'm definitely not going to turn this positive thread into something negative! I was just speaking from stark experience trying to assist the person who initially asked. Nothing more. Why not look at my statement as coming from an experienced player? I have a DEEP passion for these instruments! My thoughts are at times a little direct maybe because of this passion! Again, its nothing personal.

There is an aweful lot of experience on this board! Many people have many good things to say about whistle's and such. However, I allow others to express themselves I deserve the same. Hope that you are finding Ireland in good spirits Peter! Drop a hello for me! I miss Doolin!
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Talbert,
Perhaps your reply should be something like, " I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it." Professional or not, your opinion is just your opinion. Your comments often seem prideful and selfagrandizing. Maybe the problem is that English is not your first language? If that is true let us know so we can give you the benefit of the doubt. :)
Mike
Talbert St. Claire

last time!

O.k. view me as you very well please! I have just tried to explain myself. I will not attempt this again. Perhaps, you are not listening properly?

The best thing to do is simply let it go and move on!!! Can you try that?
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

It's a good thing I have such limited time to read and post here these days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loren