kind thoughts and prayers request

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

kind thoughts and prayers request

Post by peeplj »

I have just found out this morning that I have been laid off from my job.

If anyone who wishes would think a kind thought or pray in your own way not so much for me but for my wife Shannon. I really hated to have to bring this news home to her.

I appreciate all the friendships I have made on these boards, and I sincerely hope this will prove in the course of time to be a positive change and not the negative one it seems to be right now.

I hope I will soon have some positive progress to post.

--James
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Sorry to hear. Good luck to you and your wife,
seems like you have the right outlook.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Good luck, Jim!
/Bloomfield
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

oh sh*t, I'm really sorry to hear that, what can I say...I hope guys can pull through with this tough situation...
Best thoughts and wishes man.
Amar.
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I've been expecting the same news for 2 years now. Luckily for me it hasn't happened yet. I hope your period of "diminished employment activities" is short.
Mike
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Oh, James...sorry to hear this. Good luck to you and Shannon. I think you will find another job, an even better one, in a short time!
~JessieD
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

i'll be glad to pray for you and your family. i will be thinking especially about you as you communicate this news to your wife and as you begin the process of finding other work.
carrie

Post by carrie »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jim. I've often thought that far from wanting loads of money and loads of things, what most people really want is just security. It's an awful feeling to have that pulled out from under you. I'm sure you'll find something before too long; try to use at least some of the time for healing up, and for playing that flute like cuh-razy.

Best wishes to all Peeples, ferrets included.

Carol
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Include my prayers as well.
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Jim,

I will also be praying for you and Shannon.

Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Rats, sorry to hear that. When the going gets
tough, the tough become street musicians. Best, Jim
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

Hi James,

SO sorry to hear that!

The best I can say is that it's happened to me a couple of times and neither time was it the end of the world. In fact, I really appreciated unemployment compensation and the chance to do a thorough search. In the end I found a great job in which I could learn and grow for the last six years. May you find your own new job that's so fun you'd do it for free :D

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
pthouron

Re: OT: kind thoughts and prayers request

Post by pthouron »

peeplj wrote:I have just found out this morning that I have been laid off from my job.

If anyone who wishes would think a kind thought or pray in your own way not so much for me but for my wife Shannon. I really hated to have to bring this news home to her.

I appreciate all the friendships I have made on these boards, and I sincerely hope this will prove in the course of time to be a positive change and not the negative one it seems to be right now.

I hope I will soon have some positive progress to post.

--James
Jim,

I see you're in the dreaded field of IT. I'll think positive thoughts for you. Good luck in your quest.
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

layoff!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hi James,

I'm truly very sorry to hear about the loss of your employment. We all do understand what it means to support our family's in these critically hard times.

Look at it this way James. The next opportunity that comes your way will be an even better experience!!!

Keep in mind that through sadness, joy abound's!! Also, recognize that you are not alone and we are "ALL" pulling for you!

Keep your head up James!

Give my sincere regard's to Shannon Please. :) Talbert
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Man, I am really sorry to hear. I went through an unemployment spell a few years ago. It sucks.
Can I ask what you do? I don't mean to pry. Just curious.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.