Knock knock...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Davey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Knock knock...

Post by Davey »

...who's there?
David Boisvert with an unabashed commercial post! :P

Seriously folks, some of you may have heard I have indeed resigned my "day job" as a high school teacher to pursue instrument making (pipes and whistles) full time. (not so funny anymore eh?)

Actually, this added time has allowed me to gradually build up my "available" stock of whistles. As such I have the following whistles available:

5 Cocobolo D's, and 1 C body
8 blackwood D's and 2 C bodies
5 apple D's and 2 c bodies
1 pink ivory D / C matched set
1 osage orange D
3 lignum vitae D's
1 fiddleback maple D
1 curly lemonwood d

Thanks & God Bless,
David Boisvert
www.greenwoodpipes.com
Zubivka

Re: Knock knock...

Post by Zubivka »

Davey wrote:David Boisvert with an unabashed commercial post!
Appropriately, we Froonch talk of:

une volée de bois vert = a flight of greenwood? Wrong:

It doesn't mean you get a series of timber,
but a beating with fresh sticks,
i.e. a serious holler for misbehavin'... :D
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

These are the most underrated whistles being made today. You can pay more but you can't buy better whistles. I wish I had some money to spend on whistles now!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Everyone who wants O'Riordan concert whistles should get some of Davey's...they are very similar.
~JessieD
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Davey,
I'd love to see a picture of the whistle in profile, showing the windway construction, sleeve and undercut. Could you post one like that?

Thanks
/Bloomfield
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Yes, I know I have too many D whistles already. Yes, I know I have too many whistles period. But it can't do any harm to ask what your current prices are Davey, can it? :lol:

So, Davey, what are your current prices?
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Wombat wrote:So, Davey, what are your current prices?
http://www.greenwoodpipes.com/pricelist.html

Congratulations, Davey, on your resignation from HS teaching. That 3/4 set of pipes on your couch looks fantastic.
Davey

Garsh...

Post by Davey »

Thanks Lorenzo you ol' giant-purple-squid you! I ask $150(plus shipping) for my whistles. I've put quite a good deal of energy and time lately into further refining my design and I am very pleased with the improvements made. The pictures on my website are a little old..I'll try to post an updated picture, but I'm a bit busy today...helping the Mrs. get ready for a "road trip" with her buddies.

God Bless!
David
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

What is a "Wallet Whistle"?

Do you have to empty your wallet to get one? :-?
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Lorenzo

Re: Garsh...

Post by Lorenzo »

Davey wrote:Thanks Lorenzo you ol' giant-purple-squid you!
:D Nice to know the image stuck! I think I can blame djm for that one, although I may have started it with the 7 legged octopus story, or maybe the reply to Nanohedrons first post on the UP forum.

Hey Davey, will you be keeping a door open at the district for substitutions? Might be good for a few extra $$$ once in a while, unless you're sick of teaching. Anyway, welcome to the Self-Employed Loafer's Club, I've been playing Irish music and windsurfing for about 15+ years now, under the disguise of a General Contractor. But, I do build custom homes still, about one every couple of years.
Davey

Subbing

Post by Davey »

..ugh! I HATED being a substitute! It was the worst job EVER. The reason I taught were the kids...they were MY* kids..and I loved 'em. You really invest in those guys, and it pays off beyond imagine. But do to it right is really quite taxing...my bloodpressure went up about 10% when the school day started. But I left on a VERY high note. I was considered to be a "master" teacher. I "retired" before I could become one of "those" teachers that taught for the wrong reasons...

...actually...I MIGHT go back to sub..just at my old school..just to see some of my kids... Don't worry about the future folks...we've got GREAT kids! Just have faith in them...that's all they need.

...p.s. windsurfing scares the bejeebers out of me!