I'm a card-carrying member of the NWA

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Which also reminds me:
I believe it was Chuck who posted an idea for a full-body whistle harness a while back, with a C up one sleeve, a D up the other, an A and a low G in shoulder holsters, a low C and/or D strapped on your back, and perhaps twin boot sheathes for a high F and G. The Whistling Assasin, I believe he called the concept.

Which leads to the disturbing question: What if this gets out of hand and someone in Montana or Idaho starts a whistle militia??
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

You're right, Lee, Deadwood would be a perfect place for it! However, they might shoot us in Sturgis!
MikeClem
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MikeClem »

Ya know... It's possible there was a second whistler on a grassy knoll across from the building.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

On 2002-02-07 10:39, WyoBadger wrote:
And how about the first issue on our agenda: The government should modify all those airport metal detectors so that whistles don't set them off.

Tom "Help, Help, I'm Being Repressed!" Wilson
It's a worthy goal, but I think "they" will develop technology that will detect PVC, Bakelite, and other popular whistle materials. Eventually we might not be able to carry ANY wooden items onto planes because they could possibly be used to fashion whistles.

Charlie
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

This will never work in Canada,,,we have too many whistle control laws.
One needs a permit to carry a hand whistle..and bringing whistles across the border....we would never get away with it!

Still laughing over the whistlel rack in back of the pick up!
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

I can see it now! Sindt & Wesson!

:grin:

Or how about that new heavy Celtic band, Whistles 'n' Roses?

C-ya,
BB
brownja

Post by brownja »

On 2002-02-07 16:25, WyoBadger wrote:

This reminds me: I actually had some of these ideas for whistle bumper stickers a while back, but never posted my ideas because I thought people might think I was wierd. Go figure.
You didn't post 'cause you were afraid of sounding wierd?!?! What were you thinking?
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I know what you're thinking. Did he play 3 octaves or only 2? What you gotta ask yourself is 'Do I feel lucky?'. Well, do ya, punk.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

My gosh this a genius idea. Why didn't I think of it years ago? It's another perfect opportunity to make fun of gun nuts. I'm going to officially announce the formation of NWA in the next newsletter. You guys all get credit! YES! Bloomfield! What's your full name? I'm naming you CEO or something!

Dale

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaleWisely on 2002-02-08 08:27 ]</font>
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-02-08 08:26, DaleWisely wrote:
Bloomfield! What's your full name? I'm naming you CEO or something!

Dale

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaleWisely on 2002-02-08 08:27 ]</font>
Hey, will that make me a Vice president or something? How about just President of Vices?

Tyghress (a.k.a Whiskey Drinkin' Woman)
"Put down the whistle and step away from the car"
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Hey Guys,

This is the kind of insanity that makes me love this board!

This thread ought to be prominently preserved somewhere, like as a pre-amble to the NWA charter. I nominate Charleton "Chuck" Wisely as our first president. He could address our first convention shirtless, carrying a low D Overton, or maybe a Clarke 45 or a Burketta. What ya' say Chuck?

Vinny

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vinny on 2002-02-08 08:46 ]</font>
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I'm there, Dude. Once they start takin' away our whistles, next it'll be squeezeboxes and bodhrans. Hmm. Maybe they could START with bodhrans.

Dale
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2002-02-08 08:26, DaleWisely wrote:
My gosh this a genius idea. Why didn't I think of it years ago? It's another perfect opportunity to make fun of gun nuts. I'm going to officially announce the formation of NWA in the next newsletter. You guys all get credit! YES! Bloomfield! What's your full name? I'm naming you CEO or something!

Dale
Dale,
thanks for your enthusiastic endorsement of our idea. My full name is Elliot Thaddeus Bloomfield. But my real name is Manfred Gabriel. (I'll explain another time, perhaps.) And I want Thygress as my personal assistant. :grin:

Don't forget to mention to the NWA Dale(TM) action figurines and the full session fatigues with the NWA logo.

Speaking of the logo, could you get your buddies at ILM to help us with the design?

Elliot T. Bloomfield
Founding Member, National Whistle Association
Arcaic Lemons

Post by Arcaic Lemons »

I just want everyone to know; I sleep with my whistles next to my bed. And I ALWAYS know where my fipples are! (Except when Dan performs plastic surgery on them and causes an extreme identity crisis)
"Darlin'; They're flying past the window now...."
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Shall we draw up an official charter and mission statement?

Sign me up!

:smile: