Commercial: More Jerry Freeman tweaked whistles …

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Commercial: More Jerry Freeman tweaked whistles …

Post by Jerry Freeman »

We've gone global!

www.bigwhistle.co.uk is now selling Jerry Freeman tweaked Sweetones, Shaws, Generations and Waltons Mellow D’s. The first shipment was sent within the past week (1/29), so they should show up on the BigWhistle website within the next week or two. (I included a tweaked Feadog in the shipment for Phil to check out, so don’t be surprised if BigWhistle starts stocking them soon, too.)

www.whistleanddrum.com is selling Jerry Freeman tweaked whistles, too, as is
www.thewhistleshop.com and
www.gaeliccrossings.com.

You can also order directly from me, or you can catch my auctions on eBay.

Here’s what’s available, with a little information about each (there’s some new stuff here). Postage for one whistle anywhere in the world is $3.85. For more than one whistle, I’ll have to determine the postage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaked Generations:
G, F - redtop brass $16.50; bluetop nickel add $1.35;
Eb, D - redtop brass $36.50 bluetop nickel add $1.35;
C, (Waltons, voiced to match Generations; most C Generation whistleheads are impossible to remove without wrecking) $37.50;
Bb - redtop brass $37.50; bluetop nickel add $1.35;
Complete sets (six whistles) - $160.00; bluetop nickel add $1.35.

The tweaked Generations are designed to maintain that beloved Generation voicing, but much easier to play, without the characteristic tendencies for buzzes, rattles and squawks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaked Sweetones:
D, C $15.00.

I’ve sold around 600 of these whistles to date, and they’ve only gotten better over time. I’m impressed with what a very nice whistle this is, with a confident, focused, somewhat reedy timbre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaked Shaws:
E, Eb, D - $36.50;
C - $39.50.

The tweaked Shaws are the best example I know of a “pure drop authentic” conical rolled metal tinwhistle sound. The excessive air requirement has been corrected, and the voicing is focused, confident and rich.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaked Waltons Mellow D's:
Brass - $36.50.

Off the shelf, untweaked Mellow D’s are very popular whistles in their own right. However, the whistlehead is designed for a key of C whistle (the Mellow D is a wide bore whistle) and hasn’t been optimized for the higher key of D.

When I designed the tweaking scheme for the tweaked Mellow D, I decided not to keep the original voicing, but simply to make the very best whistle possible. The result is a sweeter, purer timbre than stock Mellow D’s (which are fairly husky sounding before tweaking) and a full, round voice that the wide bore provides. Many stock Mellow D’s also have a notoriously sharp bell note, which I’ve corrected. This is a very fine whistle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaked Feadogs:
Brass D - $18.50.

The tweaked Feadogs are designed to maintain the characteristic Feadog voicing, which is at the complex/reedy end of the spectrum. As with all my tweaked whistles, this is easier to play than the untweaked Feadog, and any tendency for buzzes, rattles and squawks has been reduced or eliminated.

Because the full potential of this whistle can be brought out without the laborious soundblade lamination process required for Generations and Mellow D’s, I am able to offer tweaked Feadogs at a much lower cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tweaking already owned Shaws:
I will tweak any soprano E, Eb, D or C Shaw whistle for you for $14.00 plus $3.85 postage.

Shaws below the key of C have a metal covering over the fipple block that makes it impossible to adjust the fipple block. To get the best possible results, I’ve found that the fipple block needs to be adjusted in about one out of every five Shaws, so I can’t promise the same predictable quality of finished product when I tweak Bb or lower Shaws.

I had decided to stop doing them, but several people asked me to go ahead anyway, with the understanding that I would do my best, and that would be acceptable. At the very least, I can reduce the excessive air requirement in these whistles, and in some of them, the voicing also does turn out wonderfully. (Please understand, I'm talking about Shaws in keys Bb or lower. The results are consistently excellent in the higher keys listed above.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s the news, folks. As always, I very much appreciate your friendship and support. Enjoy your whistles!

Best wishes,
Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Freeman on Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Great news, Jerry! Good for you. I predict that the JFT will be a dreadnought in the whistlers' world. :party:
Switchfoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Switchfoot »

Congratulations Jerry for the leap across the waters.
I love your tweaked sweetone and look forward to purchasing a shaw in the future (and a gen, and a walton and a .... Whao is me)
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I've had a moratorium on buying whistles since the Rose I bought a while back....
But then, I decided to splurge a bit on a few new items (WhOA never dies, it just lies dormant :twisted: )

Anyway, I'll not get into the crop of new and EXCELLENT buys I have recently made, but just let me tell you ~

I LOVE THAT SHAW D. I'd recommend it to anyone..

Yes, it is necessary to be assertive in the upper half of the second octave, but this whistle has a really great haunting sound that I just love.

Thanks again, Jerry, I am REALLY enjoying this whistle.

Mary
Hiro Ringo

Post by Hiro Ringo »

Nice logo! :)
mcfeeley

Post by mcfeeley »

You know, if the JFT logo was shrunk down, it would make a great sticker to go below the Generation, Walton, Feadog, et. al. sticker.
-- Dan M.

There beside the weed and thistle, a man, a dog, and his tin whistle.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Actually,

I put them right above the Generation, Waltons or Feadog stickers. They go below the Shaw embossing on tweaked Shaws.

Best wishes,
Jerry
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I want the offical Jerry Freeman T-shirt!

Great logo . . . I see a major advertising campain.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
mcfeeley

Post by mcfeeley »

mamakash wrote:I want the offical Jerry Freeman T-shirt!
You can make them yourself! Save a copy of the image Jerry posted to your hard drive. Visit a craft shop and look for Iron On transfer paper, the kind you can run through a computer printer. Print a copy of your saved imaged of the Freeman Tweaked logo on the transfer paper, iron it on to a shirt or sweat shirt and you've got it!
-- Dan M.

mamakash

Post by mamakash »

The store that I work at has a huge hot press for heat transfering images to T-shirts and mouse pads . . . so I could make my own. But would Jerry mind?
So, who wants the Jerry Mouse mouse pad?
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Mamakash, check your PM's.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

I think CafePress.com could be a good resource for Jerry to set up some merchandise.

You could go to bat for Jerry Freeman Tweaked whistles in the Baseball Jersey: Image

Or how about an intimate whistle session in the Jerry Freeman Tweaked Classic Thong: Image

And of course you can surf C&F with the mandatory Jerry Freeman Tweaked Mousepad: Image.

In all seriousness a sticker or t-shirt would be cool. I wish CafePress.com had ringer t-shirts.

I think the next step for Jerry is Shannaquay and perhaps maybe some pure drop endorsements? Mary Bergin and Paddy Maloney return to Generation whistles thanks to Jerry Freeman... see page A4 for more details OK, no more from me. I don't want to jinx you, Jerry.

Cheers,
Aaron
jenaceae

ubiqutous

Post by jenaceae »

Geez, Jerry! I had no idea!

:)

Jenn
mcfeeley

Post by mcfeeley »

You know, I thought I was pretty happy with Jerry's tweaked brass generation red tips. At last! A good Generation. No more WhOA. But now I see he has tweaked blue tip nickel Generations.

Blast. I *have* to have one. :D
-- Dan M.

McHaffie

Post by McHaffie »

I'll take one of those mousepads!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And of course... I'll have to buy at least one JFT of some sort so I can 'officially' get the mousepad.... double marketing ... what a deal! :) (SEE! You can't have the mouse pad without owning one of the whistles really now can you??!!)

Excellent logo indeed... I love it!
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai