Briton plans to Invade America

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Briton plans to Invade America

Post by Martin Milner »

With the plummeting Dollar exchange rate, the time seems ripe for a small scale invasion of the US.

To this end Tony Blair has unilaterally elected me to act as " British Whistle and Fiddle" Ambassador to Seattle and Salt Lake City during the second half of March 2004.

Exact itinerary details are still protected by the Official Secrets Act, but it has been leaked to this office that covert contact will be made with Avanutria, Cees, Brian Lee and possibly Mack Hoover and Wyobadger amongst others (or I'll be sleeping on a lot of park benches).

It is to be hoped that when the laughably poor level of playing ability of the BWF Ambassador is displayed, confidence in UK markets will wobble and it will once again become economically viable for US citizens to visit the UK without having to sell their youngest child into slavery.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Oh hell yeah and sh*t!! God bless the plummeting US dollar!! It looks like there will be a partial reuniting of the Clancy Fellowship because aside from the great Martin Milner, none other than Jack Murphy will be visiting Seattle in the later part of March as well. With Ava in Seattle, all we need is Azalin to come down for a bit, Eldarion to fly across the world, and PeterL to pretend he doesn't know us again and the fellowship will be complete! Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you again Martin. I'll be in Seattle from about the 23rd to the 28th for the Friday Harbour Irish Music camp.http://www.fridayharborirish.com/
Are you going to that camp as well? Lots of good fiddlers on hand to show you a thing or two. Anyways, I hope you'll be up there during my stay cause it would be a damn shame if we don't get to meet up... and I think I still owe you a Bulmers or two if I'm not mistaken!!! Oh yeah, we have MAD COW over here too... :lol: so once again we can tempt fate and stuff our faces yet again in delicous juicy tender mad cow.

Come on now Azalin... need you any more reason to come over to Seattle for this thing?
No I'm not returning...
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Yell yeah and spit! I say, try and get holt of some biscuits and flour gravy while you're in America. If no bacon or sausage gravy is available for the baking powder biscuits, then some hot boilt blackberries and fresh cream make another good topping.
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I certainly hope I'm included in "amongst others!" Just because I've stopped going to the Monday night session (due to a scheduling conflict) and just because I'm not playing the whistle as much (due to conflicting obsessions), doesn't mean I'm not all in for helping you in your invasion, Martin.

Synchronize your watches!

Susan
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Wow, that sounds like FUN! Jack, are you sure this small island won't be invaded by oh-hell-yeah-I-play-irish-music-on-my-clarinet people? Maybe sheet music will be everywhere? Yick! Anyway, will see what I can do, I don't even know if I'll be alive in march! Would be great to see you though, and Martin and Beth.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Gee Martin, are you a closet Stalinist? Be careful how you answer; I think 'no' means 'yes' in this game. :wink:
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Well accordian to my scientific calculations that is about a 3 and a half hour drive from my humble abode. I am good in a fight and I know of some good local brewerys in the Seattle area. Blackbeer of course. So I`m just woundering if this is an invitation only invasion or if it is open to coalition building?

Tom
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Walden wrote:I say, try and get holt of some biscuits and flour gravy while you're in America. If no bacon or sausage gravy is available for the baking powder biscuits, then some hot boilt blackberries and fresh cream make another good topping.
I so agree...Martin needs to eat real biscuits...not those cookie-like things they eat with tea over there by the same name. :lol: I'm making a list of American food he has to try while he stays a week in La Casa de Cees y Familia!! Biscuits are on there; also waffles, and Tex-Mex. Anyone have any other good suggestions?

Of course you're on the list, Susan! You can either come to the Monday night session or we can have a special one at my house. Any and all are welcome! The more, the merrier! :D

Three cheers for the British invasion! All hail the Whistle and Fiddle Ambassador! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:party:
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Cees,
Try getting Martin to drink some root beer. When my brother in law came to the USA about 25 years ago he asked about root beer when he saw a bottle in the fridge. So I poured him a little, he took a sip...and ran to the kitchen sink and spit it all out. "E camforo!" he shouted and took a drink of water to wash the taste out of his mouth. LOL :lol:
Mike
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Mike,
Great idea! I forgot about root beer being mostly an American thing. When we had a Japanese exchange student stay with us when I was a teenager, we gave her a root beer float and she thought it was just horrible.

Martin, do you have root beer over there?
Lorenzo

Re: Briton plans to Invade America

Post by Lorenzo »

Martin Milner wrote:...the time seems ripe for a small scale invasion of the US.
Whoa! You Brits really are "big picture" thinkers. Hey, come on over, we'll show you what a smirkin merkin is all about. You won't want to go back to ye ould mutherlond.
fluter_d

Post by fluter_d »

I have an Irish friend who discovered root beer and promptly became addicted. You can't get it in Ireland, unfortunately... :D
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Root beer story: Years ago my parents owned a motel in southern Utah and at one point we had a Japanese guest staying with us while he waited for some friends who'd been in a terrible car accident to recover at the local hospital. He was with us for over a month and, even though he didn't speak much English, became good friends with my mom. One night when he was feeling very depressed about his friends and his situation, he walked to the local Dairy Queen, saw the "beer" in root beer and ordered a gallon for take-out. He brought it back to his motel room, intending to drown his sorrows. An hour or so later he brought the root beer to my mother and said we could have it - it hadn't done what he thought it would. Poor guy. (He remained a friend and sent us letters and even a big box filled with cans of stuff to make Japanese food).

Susan
CHIFF FIPPLE

Re: Briton plans to Invade America

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

[quote="Martin Milner"]

Tony Blair has unilaterally elected me to act as " British Whistle and Fiddle" Ambassador to Seattle and Salt Lake City during the second half of March 2004.

quote]

:D Funny that but I just got an Email from Tony asking, :roll: if I could get you all to keep him in Seattle :lol:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Surely you're not going to come all the way to America without visiting Alaska!