I got what I wanted for Christmas, did you? fixed pics

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

I got what I wanted for Christmas, did you? fixed pics

Post by IDAwHOa »

This is EXACTLY what I was wishing to get for Christmas. Check out the look of adoration on Renee's (my wife) face. That is worth 10 times what it cost.

She played it for a few minutes this morning. It is VERY close in tune with my non-tunable Overton Low D whistle. Gonna be making sweet music together for sure now!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Celtoid
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Celtoid »

That was SO cool!

Happy music making Steve and Renee!! :) :)

I also got a flute for Christmas (the same lovely flute, my one present...except that I had to buy it for myself. :lol: My son and I played duet carols with counterpoint...so much fun.

I hope everyone is having a warm, loving holiday, and that the warm- and- loving part extends to the rest of the year for all of you.
Dana

Post by Dana »

Steven, those pictures are truly worth a thousand words!

Dana
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Those pictures are great. :)

I got myself Grey Larsen's book, but my favorite Christmas present this year, though I got lots of practical and nice presents from various relatives, is a coffee mug with a digital photograph of Dan's belly with a smilie face drawn on it (drawn on the belly, not the mug)...the navel is the nose. My wonderful guy is weird enough to be totally cool.

:)
~JessieD
Pan

Post by Pan »

Nice pictures for sure but... the wooden thing in wifes hands... what is it? (I´m serious :)

/Peter
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

Pan-Casey Burns Folk Flute. His intro version of the Irish Flute that's more affordable.

It look like a beauty NorCal, the flute too. :D
Pan

Post by Pan »

Thanks!
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

As I interpreted it, "I got what I wanted for Christmas" was the pleasure you gave your wife in gifting her with something that you knew she would love, and you are right, it shows!

Tis more blessed to give, than receive ~ That's the spirit! Good for you, NorCal!!!

Mary
Grixxly

Post by Grixxly »

I'm so jealous, or at least I was until I found out that my family is ordering one for me, but I guess Casey will not be sending out any new flutes until after the first? Guess the guy does deserve some time off considering how nice he is. :)

I also got the 'The Essential Guide to Irish Flute and Tin Whistle' by Grey Larsen. I've only started going through the book but I will post a review based on the eyes of a complete newbie Flute/Irish player.

Also, I know this is the flute forum, but would some of you that play both flute and whistle tell me if they think this is a good deal or if I should look for a wooden whistle elsewhere (I have to admit I have this thing about traditional instruments should be wood, but that's only because I can't make anything sound good :sniffle: ):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=624

After hearing some clips on the 'snips & clips'? forum, I want to play both, especially if the fingerins are the same. That's not sacrilege is it? :oops:

Thanks all,
Tony
BillG

Post by BillG »

This looks to me like a Sweetheart whistle

http://sweetheartflute.com/whistles.html

priced at around $195.00. Check it out and keep watching. If it is the same one you may get a deal. Ask the seller for the name of the maker.

BillG
BillG
- - -
<><
Six Ps! (Poor Prior Practice Prevents Proper Performance)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That indeed is a smile to remember! A Merry Christmas to you and Renee.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Tim Hall

Post by Tim Hall »

Re: the Sweetheart whistle on Ebay - I don't think that's one of his new $195 ones, but probably one of the (now discontinued) $95 model. The new (Professional) ones have a straight foot, the old ones have a flared foot (to judge by the pics on his website).

Tim