On-line pseudo-IQ test

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cyfiawnder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cyfiawnder »

The only real IQ test i was ever given I took when I was in 5th grade. I scored a 135 on that standardized professionally administered test. My parrents, at the time thought I had a learning dissability, but as It turned out the classes I had in 5th grade just weren't chalanging me enough. On the otherhand I have taken quite a few internet bassed IQ tests and Have scored anywhere from 115 to 157. Most IQ tests are score with a +,-7 point curve. So Me scoring 135 could mean I actually score 128 to a 142. Both of which are well above average. You also have to take into account that Your IQ doesn't mean HOW smart you are but it measures your ability to learn (not to spell though :) ) it measure your ability to coprehend and assimilate knowlege. You can be as Inteligent as Einstien and dumber that a brick. I can think of a few people that scored well over genius on an IQ test but don't have the common sense to tell you that eating spaghetti while driving a car is a baaaaad idea. On that note anybody see the 60 minutes eppisode that had Presidents IQ tests on it. Guessed who scored the lowest. Or very "Special" G.W. Bush scored something like 92, and Slick Willy Scored something like 129 4th on the list I think.
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Cyfiawnder wrote:...Most IQ tests are score with a +,-7 point curve. So Me scoring 135 could mean I actually score 128 to a 142. Both of which are well above average.
I wish I had an IQ, too. You figure things out. I struggle with little calculations like that.
You also have to take into account that Your IQ doesn't mean HOW smart you are but it measures your ability to learn (not to spell though :) ) it measure your ability to coprehend and assimilate knowlege. You can be as Inteligent as Einstien and dumber that a brick.
That's me, for sure. I am still hoping that some day I'll comprehend some knowledge.
/Bloomfield
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

aderyn_du wrote:My score of 127 told the Emode Gurus that I am an Insightful Linguist-- this apparently means that I am highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. These skills contribute to my creative and expressive mind.

Aren't you all really glad to know that?? :really: I'm sure you'll all rest much easier tonight. :lol:

~Andrea
Andrea,
I scored 129 and got the same spiel, verbatim. And I thought that I was one of a kind. What a disappointment! :lol:
Mike
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

That's okay Mike, maybe we're just two of a kind. :D We won't speculate at how many other people received the same response... it might be detrimental to our creative and expressive minds! :o

In laughter,
Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Here's what the test results said:

> "Your IQ score is ***" (I wouldn't want to intimidate anyone) :lol:

> "This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test." (and I just guessed at a few, including the matrix one--trying to keep it under 15 minutes-- since just about any idiot could probably figure it out, given time)

> "We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator." (probably compared me with Nano and the like...and that's why my score was so low) :D

> "This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results." (This test must certainly be askew...I know for a fact that I'm in a much higher brainiactic class than Bill Gates...I would never eat spaggetti while driving!) :D
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

If Bill Gates is brainy, why can't his company write decent computer software? :boggle:
glauber

Post by glauber »

fancypiper wrote:If Bill Gates is brainy, why can't his company write decent computer software? :boggle:
It's decent enough to make him the richest geek in the world. That's what he's after. As Maxwell Smart would say, "now, if he just used all this ability for good instead of evil..."
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--