What makes YOU! feel stupid?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
StewySmoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What makes YOU! feel stupid?

Post by StewySmoot »

~I have been following the forum for over 3 weeks now and there seems to be a private joke between member A, member B, and member C in Thread D. Should I try to elbow my way in or skulk, cluelessly, in the background?

~what does bell note, breathiness, tambre, timbre, warmth, brightness, mixylodian, chiff and fipple really mean? Seriously? No kidding...

~Is it OK to play TRAD music non-TRAD and discuss it here or am I scum?

~How should I feel starting a thread of "What is your favorite St. Patty's Day music?" that ultimately trashes the tune I have been working on for 6 months? Should I send the "projected" "offender" a "PM" or should I go for the end-game on the forum and go out in a flame of glory?

~I cant pronounce Irish words like Cuainhadh, what do I do? Quit the board forever and pretend I never heard Celtic music?

~I just bought a hi-end whistle for $XX, XXX.XX bucks from xxxxxxxx. My $3.95 whistle sounds better. What should I do?

Happy Hallowe'en all!

Smoot
Last edited by StewySmoot on Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

What makes ME feel stupid?

Being overly considerate of a pregnant woman with her 3 kids by letting them in front of me at the grocery line, only to be held up when they dispute prices with the cashier and have to put back items like potato chips, ice cream and deli snacks that cannot be paid by food stamps... the feeling comes over me as I walk out of the store and see them loading groceries in a BMW double parked in the fire lane.
JessieK

Re: What makes YOU! feel stupid?

Post by JessieK »

[quote="StewySmoot~I just bought a hi-end whistle for $XX, XXX.XX bucks from xxxxxxx. My $3.95 whistle sounds better. What should I do?[/quote]

Um, same number of letters, but as far as I know, it wasn't me.
~JessieD
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

I felt pretty dumb this evening when watching my fave Halloween movie, but this time I had on the closed captioning....um....all along it wasn't "Opportunity, Bless my soul"....it was "Hot Patootie. . .Bless my soul".

<slinking away>
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

JessieK wrote: Um, same number of letters, but as far as I know, it wasn't me.
Far as I know, this was a whim. It wasnt anyone.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Well, I'd probably feel sorta dumb if I had an avatar that only showed up as a little red X...

Maybe the fact that I am looking at C&F when I really should be working. That's dumb.

-Patrick
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Patrick wrote:Well, I'd probably feel sorta dumb if I had an avatar that only showed up as a little red X...

-Patrick
I agree...
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Color management on computers. Got the computer, got the printer, got the digital camera. Just want something to come out sorta like what my screen resembles. I had it set-up perfect at "work" but since involuntary departure, I have forgotten how I did it. Now that makes me feel stupid.

I would feel stupid about trying to make GoLive work but I am convinced its a seriously non-intuitive program dreamed up by overly-cerebral Germans. Which it is, even tho owned by Adobe.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Tyghress wrote:I felt pretty dumb this evening when watching my fave Halloween movie, but this time I had on the closed captioning....um....all along it wasn't "Opportunity, Bless my soul"....it was "Hot Patootie. . .Bless my soul".

<slinking away>
Oh, I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one who made that mistake! I never could figure out what "Opportunity" had to do with blessing my soul, or with rock and roll, but then that movie isn't really supposed to make SENSE, is it? (I certainly hope not!).

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

StewySmoot wrote:~I have been following the forum for over 3 weeks now and there seems to be a private joke between member A, member B, and member C in Thread D. Should I try to elbow my way in or skulk, cluelessly, in the background?
Skulk and wait for it to blow over. Private jokes in public places are out of place.
~what does bell note, breathiness, tambre, timbre, warmth, brightness, mixylodian, chiff and fipple really mean? Seriously? No kidding...
breathiness: the only complaint i have about my clarke original. white noise that the whistle makes in addition to the note.
chiff: say out loud "ooooooooh" and "chooooooooooo". the latter has chiff.
fipple: some part of the whistle
A POX ON YOU!!!! :D No really, anything seems to be fair game for discussion around here
~I cant pronounce Irish words like Cuainhadh, what do I do? Quit the board forever and pretend I never heard Celtic music?
Study the following site: <a href="http://www.standingstones.com/gaelpron. ... on.html</a>
~I just bought a hi-end whistle for $XX, XXX.XX bucks from xxxxxxxx. My $3.95 whistle sounds better. What should I do?
Learn to love it.

:x I feel stupid when I buy a nice shirt that ends up shrinking to discomfort.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
glauber

Post by glauber »

Hello, Stewy, here are some answers to your questions:
StewySmoot wrote:~I have been following the forum for over 3 weeks now and there seems to be a private joke between member A, member B, and member C in Thread D. Should I try to elbow my way in or skulk, cluelessly, in the background?
Neither. Start a new thread with a poll in it, and watch it grow! Place bets on how soon it will be until someone compares President Bush to Hitler.
Remember when Forrest Gump said that "lahf is like a bawx of chocolates"? It's a similar thing.
It's ok.
~How should I feel starting a thread of "What is your favorite St. Patty's Day music?" that ultimately trashes the tune I have been working on for 6 months? Should I send the "projected" "offender" a "PM" or should I go for the end-game on the forum and go out in a flame of glory?
Add him to your C&F List of People That Piss You Off. Coming soon!
In the Internet, nobody knows what kind of accent you have!
Sell your cheap whistle on eBay for $XX,XXX.XX bucks.
Happy Hallowe'en all!
You too, Bloomfield!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

What makes me feel stupid....

When I'm running around the house hacking and can't talk from laryngitis and the hubby says, "You stay here and I'll take the kids trick-or-treating," and I reply, "No, I want to come too!"

Now I know I'm stupid....

Robin
sad-seamonster

Post by sad-seamonster »

this reminds me of a post about almond oil..
serpent

Post by serpent »

I feel really stupid when I make 18 whistles in one day and the one I really need to send on Monday isn't one of them. Sorry, Cheryl... I'll make it on Sunday
(sigh...)
serp
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

Ever spend 20 minutes looking for your glasses when your wearing them? 'nuf said. I have seen stupidity at its worst well close to it. Years ago I used to be realy into Model Rockets, the type that actually fly. Well I got my father into it and eventually his friends. well one saturday afternoon while we were all sitting around building models and inhaling glue vapors I witnessed an unthinkably stupid act. My fathers friend got fresh hot glue right from the glue gun on his finger, So naturaly he yelled realy loud and promptly stuck his finger in his mouth, which caused him to vomit. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time :twisted:
Cy
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.