Huge Sale of Whistles!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

Quiz:

just supposing the picture back thar î is comprehensive enough,

which whistles get saved from the Great Deportation and see the child grow up?
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

Hey Jessie,
Has Royce put in a bid for any of those big ticket items yet? :lol:
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Jerry, I don't have a McGee. I never did, but I sold one for a friend.

Everyone who is e-mailing to ask to buy other things in my collection, please refrain. This stuff is what's for sale now. Some of the whistles in later waves will go through eBay, and I will post links here.

Kevin, no I didn't buy any of these recently. I have been collecting for about 5 years, as many C&F veterans know. Back before I'd answered the same questions a hundred times, I was very active in the on-topic posts. They just aren't as interesting to me anymore...I am somewhat jaded, I guess. Not bitter, but bored with it, especially since my current and future husband doesn't play Irish music. I still play in the living room, and he loves the sound of the flute. I also record whistle tracks for his non-Irish recordings, so I need at least one in every key and a couple of backups in a couple of keys, but the collection doesn't hold my interest anymore.

Zub, good question! I will never sell my beloved Abell Madagascar rosewood d whistle, C Copeland whistle that I got from Loren, silver nontunable d whistle that Mike Copeland gave me, one magical A Copeland, Burke composite F, Abell high f, Cillian O'Briain F# whistle (because it's the only F# whistle I have), one of each (either Copeland, O'Riordan, Sindt, or Burke of all other keys I haven't mentioned), Powell blackwood flute, Olwell no-metal boxwood flute, flutes/fifes in some other keys (Healy, Sweet and Olwell bamboo). Maybe I'll decide to keep more. But as of now, I have enough whistles and flutes to finance most of a house in a rural area (but I don't need one) or about 6 or 7 decent new cars (thank goodness for the instruments database created by my ex-husband!). It's ridiculous. I don't need them anymore.
~JessieD
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

JessieK wrote: especially since my current and future husband doesn't play Irish music.
Have these guy's met??? :D
Cheers Image
Gerry
Think before you Think before you Post!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Yes, they share a body and a mind!

I wanted to distinguish him from my ex-husband, but I felt that just calling him "current husband" would sound temporary.
~JessieD
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Ah, Jessie. . .you don't have to qualify him to anyone. . .<grin> why don't you just call him your husband? The other one (the old model?) can simply be the ex.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Leel
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

CDon wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Good Lord!!!!! I can hear the whole balance of the world whistle market tilting!
It will come to be known as The Great Crash of 2003... or perhaps The Crash to End All Crashes... or some such. The White House will want to know... Dale, I presume you are the liasion?
How about: "The 'Mother' of all crashes"? :P

(double entendre intended)
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

I am still in dumb-struck awe Jessie. :boggle:
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

*big sigh* Ah Jessie... if only I had money..... (the thought of me and at least half of everybody else around ths board :wink: )

All the same though, it is fun to see what whistles you are selling. Amazing collection! I can understand where it could just get to be to much and the desire to cut back would manifest itself. Glad that you are at least keeping some of them... at least one of each key and not completely liquidating every last one. The idea of the JessieK suddenly getting rid of every single whistle she owns would just be wierd... like upsetting the natural balance of whistledom or something. Almost like a tiger suddenly pulling off all it's stripes saying... "Uh, I don't think I want these anymore". Glad to hear you aren't completly disappearing from the whistle world... you'd be missed if you did. Happy selling!

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
McHaffie

Post by McHaffie »

serpent wrote:
Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Here I thought of the "Whistles of October" sale (to contrast Serpents "Whistles of Mass Destruction"), but it looks like the whistle market has been nuked. So far the undisputed one has been unavailable for comment while he celebrates his 1000th posting. :lol:
Oh, shut up, Daniel. I'm sitting here wondering how I'm going to pay off my new Hurco CNC mill now....
(grumble...) :D
serpent
You can just hand over that Hurco anytime you've decided you have no use for it anymore serp! :D
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

No, Sara, I am not ripping off ALL of my stripes...but those stripes are getting pretty close together.

I've sold 6 whistles so far. Plenty still available...

;)
~JessieD
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

You know Jessie, you've made some of my inner WHoA come back to life again... Oh my, is your Abell in good shape? :-)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Az, YOU have inner WhOA???

If you mean my beloved Abell, yes it's in great shape.

:)
~JessieD
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Sunnywindo wrote:...Almost like a tiger suddenly pulling off all it's stripes saying... "Uh, I don't think I want these anymore".

<<look of horror and consternation on furry face>>

I just figure Jessie needs the whistle room for the new addition.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Tyghress wrote:
Sunnywindo wrote:...Almost like a tiger suddenly pulling off all it's stripes saying... "Uh, I don't think I want these anymore".

<<look of horror and consternation on furry face>>

I just figure Jessie needs the whistle room for the new addition.
:lol:

*calmly reasures Tyghress that her stripes aren't in any danger.... so long as she doesn't start selling off whistles en masse* ;)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-