Reposting topic with better title re Avatars.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
bjs
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bjs »

Mine is me flying my powered hang glider from the field next to my house. For the technically minded its a Scandal wing with Mosquito NRG attachment. I chose it to show off natch. :D
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Mine is a pair of Morris dancer's feet. I've been dancing for thirtythree years now so it seems to sum up who I am.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

My avatar (which I just changed) is from the Joel-Peter Witkin photograph Melvin Burkhart, Human Oddity. I considered photoshopping the nail into a whistle, but... nah.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Uh, mine is not me. Mine was kindly created by our very own Walden. It is meant to be a Terrapin, because I graduated from the University of Maryland.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Mine is a picture of me, but it's 4 years old. I have been trying to make another one (I have a very recent picture), but for some reason, when I make the image smaller, it gets weird (my eyes move to the wrong places, etc.). Hmph.
clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

Well, I thought it was about time to get one... Obviously not me, but I'll find one later.

Clark
Sandy Jasper

Post by Sandy Jasper »

There is a really neat lady who does fantacy photos of fairies etc. I was lucky enough to be one of her earlier fairies. Last weekend we took all of our little kids and a few adults and took pics of them in an English country garden and in thier little wood. We are hoping to use one of the pics as a cover for my whistle tutorial book. I will put some up in the "Cutie pie kids" section!

I really like the avitar as it helps us to see each other a little clearer, either by a real picture or our alter egos!

Sandy
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I have a new piece of art I'd like to use for an avatar, but I don't know how to re-size it and compress it to the correct size. It was done with Microsoft Paint and saved in photo editor. If the modification process can't be fairly easily explained, I could e-mail it to a volunteer who would be willing to do it for me. PM me if you're able and/or willing.

Thanks!
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, Jim.

If someone hasn't yet volunteered, I'll be happy to format your image for an avatar.

Best wishes,
Jerry
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Thanks, Jerry, I e-mailed it to you.
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

skh wrote:
Wombat wrote:Several people have kindly sent me very cute photos of wombats in baths and curled up in bed but none of them seemed to have quite the gravitas required.
Have you checked http://images.google.com/images?q=wombat?

Sonja
Sonja, Excellent Idea. I'd been looking for a good Irish flute graphic and I keep forgetting that Google lets you search for images.
Any way during the search if found the following page. If I could figure out how to make it into a single animated Gif (its a Java animation) I'd have to consider it as my avatar. Check out his whistler at: http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/monsta3.html

I'm so Yahoo'd I need to get arround more...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
jim_mc

Post by jim_mc »

My new aviator! A self portrait, with technical assistance from Walden and Jerry (thanks, lads).
Jack

Post by Jack »

omg. I love that.

I didn't see your request Jim or I would have done it.

This current avatar (subject to change, of course) is a lh/lh BEW that I love. I forgot I had all these mouse pictures on webshots. I also forget if it's the same mouse because I had so many lh/lh BEWs. :oops:

http://community.webshots.com/s/image3/ ... GAe_ph.jpg
fiddling_tenor

Post by fiddling_tenor »

Yep, this is really me, two years ago. Was leading the singing for our church's VBS program (theme was the rain forest). We transformed the sanctuary in an amazon jungle, compete with working waterfall! I wore,...well you can probably figure it out! :lol:
"Put": the act of placing something in a specific spot.
"Putt": the vain attempt to do the same thing.
Jane

Post by Jane »

I don't have one of me! I'm usually the one behind the camera, but one of these days I'll get a pic of myself.