Reposting topic with better title re Avatars.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hils
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Reposting topic with better title re Avatars.

Post by Hils »

I have been bursting with curiosity as to who,what and why you have the avatars that you have? Also who has real pics. besides Jessie,Sandy and Lee?
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

That is me standing on the bridge at Glendalough in May of 2002. I have lost weight since then. A beautiful place. The Gorst was in bloom. We strolled through the old church ruins and the graveyard. Took a few pictures. In 10 days of being a tourist my son-in-law and I took over 1200 pictures. Love the place.

Ron
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

This is me playing my whistle by the lake :)
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

Mine is just me at a friends house. I have a beard now, but haven't changed much other than that.

A.J.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Yep...that's me all right!

About the avatars...its handy to be able to quickly spot posts by people you're interested in reading, and avoid others. Unless of course the person you're interested in reading or avoiding changes avatars more often then they change their socks!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
clarinetnut

Post by clarinetnut »

I don't post very often, but....

I chose this avatar because I am a clarinet player (I guess that part is obvious), and my dad used to call me "Smurf" when I was little. The Smurfs was his favorite cartoon and we always used to watch it together.
Inspiration may be a form of superconsciousness, or perhaps of subconsciousness - I wouldn't know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self- consciousness.
Aaron Copland
Rockymtnpiper

Post by Rockymtnpiper »

Mine is a Real Pic. I mostly play the GHB. That was earlier this spring when i went a bit over the top with the Support the Troops theme. I am still sporting the 10 yards or so of yellow ribbon. The sweet Aran sweater in the photo came off about halfway down the parade route, I put it on the float behind me and havent seen it since. DOH!
Last edited by Rockymtnpiper on Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lark

Post by Lark »

Mine is because my nick name is Lark, hence the bird, and I’m also a fan of government propaganda art, I just think it’s neat! :)
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Well, OK.

This is from a batik silk painting a friend did in honor of Ralph the mouse. Ralph is a deermouse who was my long-time chief assistant here at the Global Tinwhistle Tweaking Research and Production Consortium headquarters, until some of his friends decided to join him and I had to transfer them back to the great outdoors.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

.-
Last edited by Walden on Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

My avatar is just an innocent little five-pointed star, inside a pretty little circle, around which is entwined a sweet little ouroboros swallowing its tail. It has no significance whatsoever. :moreevil:
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

I took all of my whistling skills, condensed it down into a solid form and took a picture of it. You can now see it in all of its glorious majesty as my avator.... :roll: oh well, I guess I really should get an avator.
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

oops
Last edited by Switchfoot on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sara

Post by Sara »

My avatar is of Johnny Depp. Why I have him as my avatar is because I think he's a very interesting, deep sort of person; really intense. He's very introspective and I think he's very perceptive. I agree with him regarding his political views. Overall, I just think he's cool!

:)

Imaginer la paix.
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

You can't hear the truth over your own lawnmower, man!
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

Of course its me, why would I post a pix of someone else playig their whistle, ha ha
Lolly