OT: starting my new life. . .

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: starting my new life. . .

Post by Tyghress »

. . .wore my C&F NWA long sleeved tee shirt to my last day of work, and in the parking lot on the way out I played 'The Parting Glass'.

Rules of the road for me: Normal sleep and wake times...no sleeping in except on weekends. 1 hour of PC in the morning, maybe another shot at it at night. SOME housekeeping every day. Every day SOMETHING outside the house where I can talk to other people. Once a week spend time with The Mother.

Of course nothing will change with the whistling. That will still be an hour or so in the morning if Tyghre is working (he gets home by 8 am), and an hour or so most evenings, plus the sessions and such. I'll probably spend an hour or two daily on the other hobbies.

I don't have work on Monday. . . :boggle:
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

In Marv Albert voice: " Yesssssss!!" :)
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

You are nuts. :o

You are going to hate it. :o

You will be bored stiff by Wednesday. :o

You will regret it in less than two weeks. :o

I hate and envy you! :moreevil:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Congratulations and best of luck, Ty! I'm sure good things and good times are coming your way.

Jim
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

A couple of years ago, I was forced by circumstances to start a business with minimal resources at my disposal.

At times, it's been really scary (not so bad lately, thank goodness), but even during the times I was losing sleep, I was still far happier than I had been working for a company.

Congratulations and best wishes,
Jerry
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Good luck Tyg-- from what I recall, this was long overdue.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Congrats, Tygh. What you'll lack in funds for the next while you'll more than make up for in mental health.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

Tyghress

Congratulations! Just remember to take it slow. It will take a while to "coast down" to a more sane level. I quit working full time a few years ago but it took over a year to stop lurching wide awake at 6 a.m. wondering what meeting I was late for!

Now I just lay in bed and smile. :)
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
TomB

Post by TomB »

Congrats and Best Wishes!

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Three words, lass: Microwaveable Haggis Pockets.

It's the "wave" of the future. :tomato: <--me
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Congratulations. Your schedule is right. Getting out of bed every day at a specified time, gets the whole day going.

Good Luck!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

All the best to you, Tyghress! May you find what your heart is leading you towards. :)

~Andrea
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Congratulations Tyghress,
I hope that you enjoy your new lifestyle.I think that you are doing right by setting yourself a timetable of sorts-yes,resist the temptation to lie in 'for just another ten minutes',it can soon stretch to thirty,an hour...if you aren't careful.Still, the other side of the coin is,come the wintertime you can lie in your nice warm bed,in the knowledge that you don't have to get up go to work like the other saps! :wink:
I also think that it's a good idea to make sure that you get out part of the time and interact with other folk- the workplace is a major source of mixing with other people.
I re-jigged my hours at work,dropping five of them in the process,which means that I now work FOUR days a week instead of five (I figured there was more to life than being stuck in an office for a major part of MY time)-I have to say that it's one of the best decisions that I ever made,I LOVE my wednesday break. I even PRACTICE Flute/Whistles sometimes!
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."