Free Whistleworks CD.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cariad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cariad »

Thanks Phil
Mine arrived today - so quick! And I played it as soon as I got it. It's beautiful. I especially like track 6.
thanks a bundle
Sarah :)
E = Fb

Post by E = Fb »

What the HECK is going on here? Isn't this the fella who makes those Kerry and Chieftain whistles? Haven't we eaten him up on this site at least a dozen times? We excoriated him for piggybacking on the success of the Chietains band. We excoriated him for...well...all kinds of stuff, including his whistles. Now we're feeding out of his hand because he gives out a freeby. I'm reminded of the crowds that followed Jesus Christ from place to place because he could conjur up a meal by magic, but called for his execuation when it seemed the popular thing to do. Except this current situation is the reverse...he's gone from viallain to hero because he conjured up a freeby. Pathetic!
Current stage of grief: Denial
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

E = Fb wrote:... HECK... all kinds of stuff... Jesus Christ... conjured up... Pathetic!
Oh no, not another learning experience!
Typical.
Type to "excoriate" Salem witches, and call it a fair trial, uh?

I think you're the one pathetic: you're pissed because some of the pack stopped howling. Feeling the crowd is not backing you any more?

Don't you worry. It's only for the time being, I'm afraid: some others have and will face similar lynching here. Usually on the same process of judging people without knowing all facts, just because their business area exposed them to such hanging.

Now, try and remember we all have had dirty pants, which might be a more Christian attitude than invoking the Lord in vain.

Regards
Phil Hardy

The Chietans?.

Post by Phil Hardy »

Well this is a new one on me!."The Chietains".

Never heard of them,I don't think I even know any whistles of that name let alone produce them myself.

Dear E=Fb ,I think the past is the past and we have all moved on,I no longer make whistles that resemble Overtons,I've greatly improved the CHIEFTAIN range and my giving away free Cds is most certainly MY prerogative,so I suggest that you mind your own business.

It seems from the hundreds of emails that I've had thanking me that you are in a minority of 1,unless there are others who object .

Happy whistling.

Phil.
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Well said Phil!
I think it's a great thing what you have done, giving away a free cd. I'm still waiting for mine but I'm sure it'll show up. If you don't have any objections, I would like to send you one of my groups demo cd's in return. I'm sure it's nowhere near the quality of your cd, but if you want one anyway, I'll send you one. That's the least thing I can do, for this, and for your great service in the past with my Chieftain low D.

All the best.
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

thank you for the generous gift of this lovely cd.
nothing in this world is for free. but if you gif something, without expecting anything back, then for sure you'll get something back one way or an other.

thank you phill
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

E = Fb wrote:What the HECK is going on here? Isn't this the fella who makes those Kerry and Chieftain whistles? Haven't we eaten him up on this site at least a dozen times?
That's "we" as in a highly vocal, non-objective, minority of this board, who have managed to run off a couple of the whistle makers for no other reason that their own propensity towards nastiness?
Pathetic!
Right word, wrong context.

You do NOT speak for the members of this board. In fact, I highly doubt you speak for more than a handful of members in this regard. The rest of us would be much happier if you'd keep your nasty manners to yourself.
Michael Sheldon
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

msheldon wrote:
E = Fb wrote:What the HECK is going on here? Isn't this the fella who makes those Kerry and Chieftain whistles? Haven't we eaten him up on this site at least a dozen times?
That's "we" as in a highly vocal, non-objective, minority of this board, who have managed to run off a couple of the whistle makers for no other reason that their own propensity towards nastiness?
Highly vocal? I don't know, but I won't argue it. But non-objective? Sure it's possible that you understand the history and subtleties of the various run-ins and spats between Phil Hardy and others here on the board and its predecessor, and of "the past" that has led to them. And I guess it's possible that you can judge the objectivity of others more easily than I can. But it is a steep claim in my book. And it's plain silly if you are suggesting that the majority on the board is (more) objective than your mysterious minority.

It's funny how you chide E=Fb for speaking for "us" and then go on to speak for the "rest of us". Speak for yourself. If you can do that clearly and sensibly, you've already done a lot.
/Bloomfield
Cariad

Post by Cariad »

Bloomfield said 'speak for yourself' - what a very sensible comment.

No one can actually speak for anyone else and I don't want to be classified (by defect) in any generalisms of what any one means by 'we' on this board.

I'm relatively new to C+F and so far have enjoyed reading the many postings and exchanges and find them to be mostly either helpful with regards to my music and interests, or entertaining. In comparison I find the way this thread just went quite disappointing. What a shame. Lighthearted quips and repartee are one thing but I really don't think it's necessary to get so personally reactive as the person above did. If there was more of that it would make this forum quite unattractive - so I hope it will be minimal in future (recognising that no one is perfect and sometimes people get bugged by things!)

I appreciated getting the cd and I like it very much. I don't want to know any of the history of anybody's 'spats' - it's not relevant to me. I make my own mind up by what I meet and experience.

So thanks again Phil and I think I'll check out the Kerry whistles now and maybe add one to my collection if I like them.

Sarah
Cariad

Post by Cariad »

:D PS: To Bloomfield - might one ask if you actually look like your photo? 8)
E = Fb

Post by E = Fb »

I wasn't expecting flattery in return for my direct attack. (Yes, it was an attack. I make no bones about that). It was not directed so much at Phil or his whistles...he and they have had their share of abuse already on this site. What gets to me is the shallowness. People are sheep and Phil has found a way to lead them where he wants them to go.
Current stage of grief: Denial
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

E = Fb wrote:People are sheep and Phil has found a way to lead them where he wants them to go.
I think that memories are short and that because of the way this board grows and develops, most posters don't know anything about the history. That may be just as well, I don't know. And people are always sheep to those who don't like the direction in which the people are going.
PS: To Bloomfield - might one ask if you actually look like your photo?

Alas, I wish I still had that much hair. And on rainy days and at night I look different, too.
/Bloomfield
DaveAuty
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Phil,

Brilliant! :) Thanks.

Dave.
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

The Sheep Look Up

Post by Alan »

To E=Fb I say: "Baa-aa-aa-aa, humbug!"
Phil Hardy

Away in Ireland.

Post by Phil Hardy »

I'll be away in Ireland for a week with my family and friends so there may be a small delay in those who have registered on KWL for free Cds.I'll clear as many as I can before I leave but if you register after the 28th please allow 10 days for your Cd.Anyone who is in Ireland around the !st August,there is a music festival in our village ,Cahersiveen,there is sessions in most of the pubs (26 last count) all weekend and hopefully I'll bump into you there.You can always get hold of me through Noreen at the east end bar.Well worth a visit.

All the best

Phil.