OT: Supremely Bad Taste (literally)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Caj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Caj »

Raymond wrote: Isopropyl alcohol ingestion can be fatal, but it does not cause blindness.
That must be a neat trick, dying without losing your eyesight.

--Caj
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Lorenzo wrote:The soda/milk thing is kinda like a diet cream soda. Rootbeer floats, etc., although pure whipping cream is nicely used in cream sodas.
Yeah. That's the idea. You can do it with instant coffee and milk, too.

As to the "endogenous winery" effect, Lorenzo's right, though it varies a lot from individual to individual.

It's particularly noted in cases where there is "intestinal dysbiosis," meaning that the normal, beneficial bacteria in the gut have become overcrowded with Candida albicans yeast or other not-so-beneficial organisms.

Candida produces acetyldehyde as a waste product in some quantity, which is why some people with the condition get dizzy, headachy, spacy, etc., upon exposure to seemingly tiny amounts of chemicals, like the scents in the detergent aisle at the grocery; their detox metabolism's already overtaxed from detoxing the endoginous acetaldehyde.

The endogenous winery effect happens in some such cases, when the body chemistry favors a pathway that produces more ethanol instead of acetyldehyde.
madguy

Post by madguy »

When in college back in '70, '71, we used to mix Boone's Farm Apple Wine with Schlitz Malt Liquor. :boggle:

~Larry
Henkersbraut

Post by Henkersbraut »

Foul drinks... what a nice play to start posting. (Hi, all!)

Ever tried a 'cement mixer' or 'mouse brain'? Baileys and Apfelkorn. Absolutely disgusting and leaves you feeling like :boggle:
madguy

Post by madguy »

Welcome to this wild and wonderful world, Henkersbraut! :D

~Larry
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, I've been so obsessed with that abomination that got me started in the first place, I finally decided to try some empirical research.

Yes, I had the barkeep make me one. You should have seen the look he gave me.

It wasn't bad; tasty, actually, if you like "Jäger". As for the scotch, anything other than a blend would be truly wrong. Anyway, it had that characteristic licorice taste but not nearly as cloying, and the overall effect was definitely high-test considering that this was only a shot in volume, not a lowball (remember, this was an experiment). Not for your light social drinker at all. That baby is a brain-hammer. Hmm...that might be a good name for it.

Would I try it again? No. Besides, I'd have to pay for it next time around. :D

Would I recommend it? No more than I would recommend casually giving people firearms to play with.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Nanohedron wrote:Yes, I had the barkeep make me one. You should have seen the look he gave me.

Would I recommend it? No more than I would recommend casually giving people firearms to play with.
:D Ah, ah...do you, ah, recall, ah, ah, which drink the bartkeep, ah, mixed, ah, for you? recite, I mean recipe please?
Kar

Post by Kar »

I've had whiskey mixed with Hawaiian Punch, and lived to tell about it.

As for non-alcholic drinks, if you have a cold, hot Dr. Pepper (say, 30 seconds in the mircowave) and lemon juice is very comforting and surprisingly good.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lorenzo wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Yes, I had the barkeep make me one. You should have seen the look he gave me.

:D Ah, ah...do you, ah, recall, ah, ah, which drink the bartkeep, ah, mixed, ah, for you? recite, I mean recipe please?
OK, Lorenzo, get one of your crayons and a piece of paper (be careful with that), and write this down: equal portions. No ice. Be sure that you (or others) are wearing protective gear. :lol:
madguy

Post by madguy »

How about Gatorade and whatever brand of liquor you prefer?

~Larry
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Kar wrote:...if you have a cold, hot Dr. Pepper...
Erm...and that would be a shoplifted soft drink straight out of the fridge?
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

madguy wrote:When in college back in '70, '71, we used to mix Boone's Farm Apple Wine with Schlitz Malt Liquor. :boggle:
This one gets my vote. And when I was in college, I actually drank Schlitz bull. I tried one a few years ago and totally grossed myself out. But, Mixing it with Boon's Farm Apple? BLECH!!!

Anyone ever try Doc's recipe for a beer milkshake from Steinbeck's Cannery Row?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
madguy

Post by madguy »

chas, you even grossed me out!! :lol:

~Larry
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

I have come across some weird mixtures of Absinth with fruit juices, champagne etc. So far what tastes best to me in 1toxy-order

Absinth and sour cherry juice
.. mango juice
.. blue grape fruit juice
.. pine apple juice
.. apricot juice
.. peach juice
.. grape fruit juice (but I do not like grape fruit so that might be the reason)
.. champagne

mixture is 2 to 4 cl Absinth, at least 3 or 4 ice cubes and the rest of the cocktail glass gets filled up with the juice.

Enjoy
Brigitte
Last edited by Brigitte on Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Pat Cannady
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Pat Cannady »

Try a poitin screwdriver sometime, using one of the now legally distilled and bottled spirits now made in Ireland, of course, such as Bunratty, Hackler, or Knockeen Hills. Not for the faint of heart :twisted: