Free Whistleworks CD.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Guthrum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Guthrum »

Hey Phil, received my cd Saturday. Really enjoyed the Trad music and the mixtures of other styles.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

Wow this sounds awesome? Where do I sign up? Am I too late?
Experiance shows that a very populace city can seldom, if ever, be properly governed.
-Aristotle
didymus

cd

Post by didymus »

Got the cd today. Just had time to listen to the first two selections. Sounds Great! Thanks, thanks and thanks again! :)
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Wow Phil!!! :o

"Whistleworks" is really awesome! I have been listening to it since I got mine in the mail today. I think I am on the 5th time through! Great sounds! You're very talented! The guitar picking is really great too! Thank you for giving such a great gift and I didn't even have to win a contest to get it!

Thanks and Cheers,
Lucky Kathy :D
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
MacEachain

Post by MacEachain »

Hi Gadget,
just go to Phil's site, www.kerrywhistles.com go to the news section and register where shown, then mail Phil at the address shown on page 1. It's as simple as that :)

Cheers, Mac
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

Yes! Thank you mac! :D :D
Happiness is free music!
*grin*
Experiance shows that a very populace city can seldom, if ever, be properly governed.
-Aristotle
Bert

Post by Bert »

Yup...Mine arrived too! I'm practicing more and more as Phil's talent on the whistle inspired me! Now I want his first CD! Thanks, Phil!!
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves...Is it considered a hostage situation???
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Mine came today. Thank you, I love it.

Also, in addition to signing in at the website, you have to email Phil yor real address. His email address in in this thread.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Got mine the other day, and have been listening to it in bits and pieces on the way to work and back.
I love the CD. Many trad players never use any harmony at all, but as a classical music fan harmony if my bread and butter-- this CD has some gorgeous whistle combos. Get one!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Got mine too. Now I know for sure why I bought my low whistle. What a beautiful sound. Love the harmonies as well.

How do we locate the first CD anyway?

Steven
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Hoosier Taylor

Post by Hoosier Taylor »

Phil,

I just received the CD yesterday. It's positively amazing! Thanks for your generosity!

Darryl
Whoever can see through all fear will always be safe.

- Tao Te Ching
Phil Hardy

Thanks Folks.

Post by Phil Hardy »

Just to say thanks for all the kind words,it makes all the work worth while.
Many people have asked me about my first CD "Low Whistle".Because sending out CDs is a costly business,I've decided to put "Low Whistle" on my site as a download so as to save time and money.You'll be able to buy the download next month and it will be alot cheaper than the CD.
All the best for now.
Phil.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Phil, one other request.

Is there recorded anywhere a musician/instrument list for each song on your CD's? We (my wife Renee and I) are just getting started in this endeavor and would like to put the sound with an instrument. Including the key of the instruments this applies to would be great too. Certainly would feed the WhOA bug!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I received my CD last night, too, and immediately played it.

Got an interesting double-take from my wife; "That's a WHISTLE?" she asked in disbelief - the only Low whistle she's ever heard (or at least identified) was me playing slow aires and (slowly) reels on a Dixon Low D - totally different sound (and level of skill) than Phil's whistling. (I think Flook uses whistles, too, and much the same feel, but she's got their things-that-go-toot mentally filed as "flutes")

Very tasty. I will be replaying this one a LOT. For those who haven't heard it yet, you're in for a treat.

Thanks, Phil
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

DCrom wrote:Got an interesting double-take from my wife; "That's a WHISTLE?" she asked in disbelief
Yeah, I get that all the time when I'm playing...

The expression isn't usually all that flattering though. :lol:
Michael Sheldon
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.