OT: Supremely Bad Taste (literally)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

OT: Supremely Bad Taste (literally)

Post by Nanohedron »

So I was out on the town last evening when some fellow ordered a lowball of half Jägermeister and half Scotch whisky (Dewars)! :o I wonder where on Earth he got that idea...yeccchh.

The whole episode made me wonder if punishment could be meted out for that sort of thing. Now that's alcohol abuse.

Like the bartender said to me about it: "That's just wrong."

Similar horror stories, anyone?
JSW
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JSW »

On a trip to the beach, I once saw teenagers making screwdrivers with Scope mouthwash and orange juice.
John
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

A fairly infamous alcoholic beverage in these parts is known as 'Snakebite' and consists of equal measures of lager and Cider (sweet or dry,depending upon preference).
Some Pubs refuse to sell 'Snakebite' as such,so you have to buy the components and mix it yourself. Other pubs refuse to sell you more than two pints of it!
Quite popular with teenagers and aging Punkrockers,in my experience.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
carrie

Post by carrie »

Yesterday my 10-year-old son surprised me while I was working at my desk. He brought me a 'club' sandwich he had just made, on white bread:

Layer 1: margarine, cheddar cheese, and crushed potato chips
Layer 2: peanut butter, cool whip, and grated parmesan cheese

"Cooking sure is fun!" he said, beaming. "I think you'll really like it!"

Carol
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

He forgot the coconut.

My favorite drink is a rusty nail--going in the
opposite direction to good stuff.
That's scotch with drambuie, Yum.
tansy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

i use to perform guitar in a french restaurant and the owner and his french friends always drank dewars(or better) and coke :o
shy the blond water
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

When I was in (Catholic) junior college early in the last century, we used to bring inlemon extract with which to fortify our Seven-Up
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

kevin m. wrote:A fairly infamous alcoholic beverage in these parts is known as 'Snakebite' and consists of equal measures of lager and Cider (sweet or dry,depending upon preference).
On this side of the pond (at least in New England) a snakebite is Yukon Jack (a liqueur based on Canadian whiskey) and Rose's (sweetened) lime juice.

The most egregious drink mixing I ever saw was in Cincinnati, a place where it was near impossible to get a decent beer. We went to a place advertising a black and tan. They had Guinness on tap, but no Harp or Bass, so we speculated whether they'd mix it with Bud, Bud Lite or with a bottle of real beer. I lost -- they actually mixed Guinness with Bud Lite.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Caj

Post by Caj »

I thought a snakebite was stout and cider, e.g. Guinness and Strongbow.

A few months ago I was at the bar with two other fellows of the same name, and we decided to celebrate this coincidence by concocting a drink called a "triple Scott." Each of us would choose one ingredient, which in some way reflected our tastes and personalities. The final concoction was Southern Comfort, spiced rum, and Zima.

But this doesn't beat my older brother, who has a drink named after us back in Illinois, consisting of Kahlua and Miller Lite. How's that for a scandal on the family name?

Caj
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

chas wrote:I lost -- they actually mixed Guinness with Bud Lite.
Ugh! I'd say you lost in more ways than one.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

The most horrid shot I was ever given was called a cement mixer. It's served in two parts. First you're given a shot of Bailley's Irish cream. You hold it in your mouth and then add a shot of Rose's lime. Absolutely horrid.

It's a great prank to play on a friend. Well that's what my friends thought. The concoction currdles in your mouth and sets up like cement.

accck.
Mary

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of
which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author
(1924-1998)
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

tansy wrote:i use to perform guitar in a french restaurant and the owner and his french friends always drank dewars(or better) and coke :o
Aka "mazout" (tr.: diesel fuel). Youngsters do indulge in this around here.

See also:
Cuba libre: rum + coke
Zazou: Pastis + coke. Great for hangovers. Tastes like medicine, too.
Vol de nuit (tribute to Antoine de St-Exupéry, the alledged inventor of this killer): Pernod, forget the water, use Suze instead...

Snakebite is ok. The ultimate bad taste is "Black Velvet". Bad taste and nouveau riche, too. Just imagine mixing Guinness and Champagne...
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Caj wrote:I thought a snakebite was stout and cider, e.g. Guinness and Strongbow.
Caj
Stout and cider is 'Poor Man's Black Velvet'. The rich man's version is Guinness and Champagne.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

jbarter wrote:
Caj wrote:I thought a snakebite was stout and cider, e.g. Guinness and Strongbow.
Caj
Stout and cider is 'Poor Man's Black Velvet'. The rich man's version is Guinness and Champagne.
We also used to have snakebite with a dash of blackcurrant and called that 'Diesel'.
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Having never developed a taste for alcoholic drink, I can't offer anything along the lines above ...

However, I'm quite fond of about 3/4 Pepsi plus 1/4 milk over ice on a hot day. A variation is the same made with ginger ale.