Anti-WHOA Legislation

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mastersound
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mastersound »

I thought that story about the Iraqis trying to source whistles from Nigeria had already been debunked? :-?
madguy

Post by madguy »

"btw, can I join your Whistler's Resistance group? After all, if we don't hang together, we'll end up hanging separately. "

Me, too, me, too! After all, there's safety (and security) in numbers!! :)

~Larry
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

susnfx wrote:Get one of these to show your support:

http://www.cafeshops.com/chiffandfipple.4309567
Ooooo....can I have that for my avatar??? :D

Heather- proud member of the Whistler's Resistance
madfifer9

Post by madfifer9 »

Blackhawk, as far as I'm concerned, you're the one who *started* the idea of the Whistler's Resistance!
blackhawk wrote: To those of you who think outlawing whistles is the answer, let me just say that you're being naive. I say regulate them, register them so we know who has them, but don't outlaw them. People will just make them in their basements or buy them on the streets. And it creates a whole new class of criminals. Remember how prohibition almost destroyed our country by making all the cops go on the take?

If we're not careful, we'll end up being plagued by the Whistler's Resistance, and we don't want that! :-D
You revolutionary soul, you. :-) We can't let anti-WHOA legislation overcome us. Remember, "The right of the people to keep and bear whistles shall NOT be infringed." Technically speaking, though, we don't really need a Whistler's Resistance unless the legislation is passed. But it doesn't hurt to be organized and ready just in case.

madfifer9
prospective card carrying member of the Whistler's Resistance
hey, people are already making them in their basements
When whistles are outlawed, only outlaws will have whistles!
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

...from my clammy, sticky fingers.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:...from my clammy, sticky fingers.
Ew.

I'm pretty sure I don't want any of your whistles. :P
Michael Sheldon
Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Lothiel

Post by Lothiel »

*throws fist in air, a whistle tightly clamped between her fingers* 'Tis a sad, sad day when whistles should be outlawed, but those of us who are Whistler's Resistance members shall never lay down and let our whistles be taken without a fight! So let us sally forth into the fray, and defeat the Government Feds who want to take our whistles! Tally ho!

~Lo.
Proud member of the Whistler's Resistance
~Lothiel Tinnueth~
aka. The Whistling Elf

"So Many Whistles, So Little Time."
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

madfifer9 wrote:Blackhawk, as far as I'm concerned, you're the one who *started* the idea of the Whistler's Resistance!

You revolutionary soul, you. :-) We can't let anti-WHOA legislation overcome us. Remember, "The right of the people to keep and bear whistles shall NOT be infringed." Technically speaking, though, we don't really need a Whistler's Resistance unless the legislation is passed. But it doesn't hurt to be organized and ready just in case.

madfifer9
prospective card carrying member of the Whistler's Resistance
hey, people are already making them in their basements
:lol: :lol: I like that! OK, then I'll change my quote now and take my place shoulder to shoulder with all of you in the barricades against the evil oppressors who would rob of us the joy of life...our whistles! Let us march forth telling all who threaten us that our sons, daughters and whistles are theirs no longer! FREEDOM! FREEDOM!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Who needs one of those cumbersome external whistle anyway...I've refined my own whisting (both inhaling and exhaling) to the point where I much prefer the one God gave me. Breathing is so much simpler. And furthermore, I find the rolls, crans, triplets, and vibrato come just as easy (tongue not in cheek), if not easier.

But for your own protection, I'd suggest camouflaging your little tooters by stuffing them full of weeds (just don't inhale). No need to join forces here. You're already protected under the "Whistle Blower's Act."