OT: I'm going to do it.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
lollycross
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lollycross »

Good for you Cranberry, and YES, take those whistles with you. Playing
will make you feel better and when you can back you WILL be a woderful player and ready to meet the world head-on.
The best of luck to you.
Lolly
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Good luck Cranberry. I will think of you every day and miss your posts here on the board. I am sure you will feel the energy that will be sent out to you from those of us here, I sure did. Be strong and don`t forget to dwell on your own wounderfulness :)

Tom
don

Post by don »

Best of luck Cran - We'll all miss your posts, and hope we can hear from you again
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

It's a great decision Cran. We will miss you. Get the treatment you need. Take some whistles with you and play some happy tunes. We all care about you and will pray for you.
Ron
Steven

Post by Steven »

Good for you Cranberry! And best of luck! There's no reason to just accept misery. Take it head on, and get back to where you want to be!

We're all cheering for you!
:thumbsup:
Steven
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Dear Cran,

My best wishes go out to you. I don't pray, but you can count on me to do whatever the equivalent is for me.
To second Jim's offer, I'll PM my address to you, in case you can and want to stay in touch via snailmail.

You take good care of yourself.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick
TomB

Post by TomB »

I'll add best wishes to you and I'll send positive thoughts your way.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Just do it and very best wishes to you, Cran!
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Funny how Dale's undisputedly musical site should turn into a source of support helping people to deal with their psy problems, isn't it?

Will be thinking of you. I don't think you gave as much offence as you thought, but now we can see why you felt the need to apologise.

The only problem is, if you're off the air and Jessie is on her best behaviour, who are we going to flame now?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
McHaffie

Take care...

Post by McHaffie »

I wish you all the best and hope you have the quickest recivery possible. I have epilepsy and haave had some serious ups and downs and I know what that's like so I can't imagine h aving to deal with the other issues all at the same time, so again all my very best and we'll all be waiting for your return.

Until next time, take care of yourself ok?

John McHaffie
"Remember... No matter where you go... there you are..."
-Buckaroo Banzai
andreaz54

Post by andreaz54 »

Cran..I am sooo proud of you for preparing to take this large step. Remember, the first step is the hardest. Once you admit you have a problem...that is when you can start to fight the good fight. I have all the confidence in the world that you are going to beat all of this. I agree with everyone else who said that you are a person of great courage.

Look, you have only been on the Board a short while and you have touched all of us. I know you have touched me. You are such a character and have such a great sense of humor. I always look forward to reading your posts and so do the others. Look at all the responses you get!! You will surely be missed. I am sure I speak for all when I say we will look forward to your return! And I do think you will return! These things can be controlled to the point..IF you are willing to work...that you can return to activities that you never thought you would be able to do. I can vouch for this, 7 years ago I could not look in a mirror without getting scared and I had a bunch of other problems too. Today I can look in any mirror and be at peace with ME and the other problems are a thing of the past too.With the right therapy and your willingness to be helped, miracles can happen.

I will say lots of prayers for you Cran, and hey, me too!! Write if you would like to keep in touch. I would love to hear from you! ANDREAZ54AOL.COM. God Bless..................
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Keep fighting, Cran. I wish the best for you (believe it or not :wink: ).
Jack

Post by Jack »

Today has been so unbelievably good. Things have went so much better than I thought they would and people have been so compassionate and understanding and I was so terribly afraid they wouldn't be, on so many levels.

I'm leaving tomorrow but I don't think I can take a whistle because all the ones I have now have metal in them and I don't know if they'd want you to have tubes made out of solid brass or nickel in a hospital like that. They don't even allow you to have metal hairbows. I'll take one just in case and ask anyway, I hadn't even thought of that. I'm giong to try my best to do the meds route for a couple months, at least.

P.S., Bloomy I dropped it in the mail today.

Thank you people, all.

edit, could somebody do me a favor? could you print off the 'what are chords' responses and mail them to my old PO box? i'll make my mom bring them when she visits, i just thought when i'm in the hospital it'd be a good time to absorb all that but my printer is messed up.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Hey Cranberry, good for you....the hardest step is the first one, you know? And I think you'll feel so much calmer being "out" than "in"; I've seen this with a very nervouse friend of mine, an Irish Catholic who we all knew was gay. Since he's come out, he's been a much calmer happier person.

If/when you come back, please let us know who you are if you use a different name. And if you ever need to "borrow" a noseflute, you know where to find one!

:wink:

Robin
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Cran, I know you've been in more than your share of what pass for "flame wars" here, but I don't think that makes you a flaming....

quiet voice: uh, never mind.

Seriously, though, you have my street address, and I bet they'll let you use a pencil and paper there. I'll send some stamps if that'll help.

Be proud of youself, you're doing a very brave thing.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, as usual.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!