OT: Spamulation Explosion!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
allezlesbleus
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: Spamulation Explosion!

Post by allezlesbleus »

God bless, but some sleeze-factor caught wind of my email a couple of days ago and I went from getting around 10 spammages a day to 30+! :swear:

The biggest thing that annoys me about it is that most of the messages are masquerading as real messages. Some of them are clearly spam: "Become Donkey Dong!" but a lot are "Re: Howdy!" or "What was that all about?" so I'm asking myself...do I know this person? Should I check this out? And, of course: "Get yourself a Schlong that would put Dirk Diggler to shame!"

Thank you for dealing with my little rant... :swear: :swear: :swear:

PC
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Go offline when you read your mail as most of those SPAM messages send information back to their servers to let them know your e-mail is valid.

Take a look at this free program to help rid yourself of SPAM:

http://www.mailwasher.net/
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

He's right, spam messages have links to photos on their website in the messages. The moment that the email tries to display the photo are access something on their website, your email address is confirmed.
I use Eudora with preview turned off so that I can delete message without ever opening them.