proper care of a whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MzMolly65
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

proper care of a whistle

Post by MzMolly65 »

Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched the archives but pulled up nothing.

What's the best way to care for my new whistles ... and for those who know I'm new here .. yes, you heard correctly whistleS

I just bought a Clarke Sweetone in D .. I guess I officially have a "collection" now, LOL!

The Alto A is nice and I like it but every one suggested a D, so I did a little reading and the Clarke Sweetone was supposed to be easy on the ear. I like the sound of it very much. My big hands feel super big now, compared to the way they feel stretched out on the A.

Anyway .. after a bit of play I realized I should learn how to clean them or store them or look after them properly. The A is PVC and is easy enough to wash but the D is tin and I don't want it going rusty.

All advice welcome.
Mr.Gumby

Re: proper care of a whistle

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I don't think you will want to pull off the head and swab the Sweetone each time after playing. Best you can do is keep it in a place where it can dry by itself, keep the head clean (a rinse with a bit of warm water, or once a year a bit of Fairy Liquid to dissolve the gunk) and accept they're not made to last and that a Sweetone will eventually rust.
My brain hurts

MzMolly65

Post by MzMolly65 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:I don't think you will want to pull off the head and swab the Sweetone each time after playing. Best you can do is keep it in a place where it can dry by itself, keep the head clean (a rinse with a bit of warm water, or once a year a bit of Fairy Liquid to dissolve the gunk) and accept they're not made to last and that a Sweetone will eventually rust.

Awesome, thanks for that info
walrii

Post by walrii »

1. Don't sit on it.
2. Don't drop it overboard while canoeing.
3. Don't play it while driving your vehicle.
4. Don't play it on street corners occupied by big tattooed guys named Butcher who hate whistle music.
5. Wash it occasionally in the dishwasher.
6. Play it every day.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Don't sweat the care. Your whistles are pretty maintenance free. Do shake out the excess moisture when you're done playing and that's about it.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!