Printing larger music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dave Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Printing larger music?

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

I enjoy JC's ABC music finder and find it a valuable resource.... however, I find that some of the sheets of music printed out are a little on the small side to be practically viewable from more than 12 inches. Is there a way to print them larger, or save them as a GIF file and then enlarge them somehow?
squinting feebly....
Dave :really:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Dave

I don't know how much larger you mean but I agree that JC's copy is small.

What I do is click on the ABC link in JC's and copy it. Then I go over to Concertina.net and paste it into the Convert a tune, paste, click on submit. Then choose PDF link. The copy is larger and clearer and even with my bifocals it is easy to read.

Go Here:

http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html

Hopes this helps

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Going to Concertina works and I do that sometimes but if I want the music really large, which I do more and more, I save it to the "My Pictures" part of my computer and print it from there. I don't really know how to control the size but if I just print it, it comes out really large. In fact, it prints lengthwise across the paper. I have Windows XP.

Steve
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Dave, did you try Melody Assistant ? It could do what you want and more. It's shareware but quite affordable, and they provide some interesting companion sharewares and freebies.

I found this as a link from Dave Shaw's site http://www.shaw-whistles.co.uk/ and I'm grateful to him for this find.

Here's the direct link to Myriad software: http://www.myriad-online.com/main.htm
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

If you have access to a good quality photocopier you should be able to enlarge to whatever size you wish.
srt19170

Post by srt19170 »

As with Concertina.net, be sure to pick PDF when you're printing out directly from JC's site. It's much large and more readable.

Also, a handy hint about concertina.net: it breaks staves where the line breaks are in the ABC code, so by rearranging the ABC you can "format" the sheet music (hopefully that makes sense).

-- Scott
ThorntonRose
antispam: No

Post by ThorntonRose »

Both ABC2Win and abc2ps have a scaling factor. In ABC2Win, select "Windows | Page Layout" from the menu, select "Scaling and Staff Values" in the Categories list, then enter a new value in the "Scale Percent" field. Specify the scale factor as a whole number, e.g. 80 for 80%, 150 for 150%.

For abc2ps, use the -s option. Specify the scale factor as a decimal number, e.g. .7 FOR 70%, 1.5 FOR 150%.
madguy

Post by madguy »

SteveK does the same thing I do - and Iwas thinking I was the only one who did it!! It works just great.

~Larry