The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Doc Jones
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

Post by Doc Jones »

My dear friends,

As you some of you may know, in addition to my veterinary practice I’m also a clinical herbalist. I do a lot of clinical case work with animals and people and also do quite a lot lecturing, seminars and workshops helping other folks to learn to be herbalists http://homegrownherbalist.net/. I’ve also been writing books and developing an online education program for would-be herbalists. As if this weren’t enough, I’ve recently started naturopathic medical school. My “irons in the fire” level has always been pretty high but with the addition of the med school, something had to give.

After careful consideration, I’ve decided to place The Irish Flute Store http://irishflutestore.com/ in the capable hands of my good friend Blayne Chastain. Blayne has been running a similar website (whistleanddrum.com) for many years. He’s a good business man, a great guy and a fine tooter of fine tooters. There are very few people to whom I would be willing to give “my baby” but Blayne will be wonderful. He’s well-connected and well-liked in the Irish music community and will take good care of things.

Blayne will be leaving irishflutestore.com much as it is for the foreseeable future. He will continue to offer top of the line instruments new and pre-loved. He will continue to do consignments trade-ins and all the other things that have made the Irish Flute Store what it is today.

I can’t begin to express the gratitude I feel for all of you who have supported the store with your patronage over the years. Your friendship means a great deal to me and I’ll miss our regular interactions. I’m still happy to answer tooter questions, shoot the bull and catch up with all of you. Don’t be strangers. Heck, I may even have time to post on C&F once in a while.

I’m also grateful to those of you who have supported the Foyer de Sion orphanage in Haiti over the years with your generous instrument donations. You have made a remarkable difference in the lives of my kids down there. You have literally saved lives. God bless you all.

Blayne will continue to accept donations of instruments for the kids if any are so inclined. Donations are tax deductible.

So, onward and upward. I predict that the The Irish Flute Store will be better than ever under Blayne’s care and that he’ll take wonderful care of you all.

His phone number is 855-294-3571. In a week or so the new number will be 855-IFlute2.

The new contact email for the store is info@irishflutestore.com

Merry Christmas to all,

Patrick “Doc” Jones
208-410-2381
doc(at)homegrownherbalist.net
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Re: The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

Post by plunk111 »

We'll miss you, Doc, but thanks for putting us in good hands (the original owner of my flute, no less!). Best of luck with all your other endeavors!

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Patrick,

Thank you so much for your blessing. It's a great honor to carry on the great work you've done.

Friends here at C&F, as Patrick mentioned, I'm very excited to carry on and grow IFS. Do give us a shout anytime.

(855) 294-3571 for the next week and (855) i Flute 2 (435-8832) after that... :)

@plunk111 / Pat - so glad you're still enjoying your Gallagher! Besides my Olwell Nicholson and Peloubet that Patrick restored, I love my large holed Gallagher Rudall!

Thanks!
tin tin
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

Post by tin tin »

Congrats to Doc and Blayne for respectively starting and continuing such a useful venture. Instant gratification in the Irish flute world? Revolutionary!
My only caution is to be wary of a stage coach robbery as the flutes make their perilous way from Idaho to Colorado. Wyoming is full of (flute-playing) outlaws.
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

Doc' thank you so much for the flutes that you helped me buy and sell over the years, it was great feeling there was someone real and reliable on the other side.
Blayne, i too, play Gallagher's new R&R model daily, and love it. Welcome to the Irishflute......com !
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

Hi Doc,
Thank you so much for the honest and very genuine way you have always treated everyone in general and me in particular. Best of luck in your new endeavors and I look forward to hearing from you in future. I am sure you will be happy and successful in whatever you do. You have done us all a great service.
Kurt
pmcallis
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pmcallis »

Doc,
We are going to miss you. You are an outstanding member of our Irish flute community and a great help to us with F.A.D.
(Flute Acquisition Disease).
thank you and all the best,
Paul
MichaelM
Tell us something.: Been pickin' at the flute for decades. Now retired, I am spending more time at it. Not a natural musician but I enjoy it. and so do my dogs. I joined C&F in 2013 but had lurked for a long time before that.

Post by MichaelM »

Doc
With all you do, you are truly an inspiring man. Good luck in your various endeavors, and thanks for placing the flute store in good hands.
Michael
Raggle Taggle

Post by Raggle Taggle »

Best wishes to Doc and Blayne. It has been a pleasure to do business with you both!
veloed
Location: Pacific Northwest - where even the dead trees are green

Post by veloed »

Hi Guys!
I know Patrick has saved my butt many a time! My relentless search for a particular, feel, sound, and play-ability - has me buy in lots of flutes & whistles from all over and dozens of makers, and quite often - they aren't quite what I am after. - using up all my 'toy' funds - and then some! Patrick has always taken in the heaps of 'tubes with holes' and managed to find loving homes for them - and replenish my toy fund in the process. Then the process starts all over!
I was wondering if Blaine might add a video of the instrument being played or a sound bite?
-but then a great player can make a tuna-fish can sound good! ;)
Ed Gilkison - Lakebay , Washington
- so pretty here - even the dead trees are green -
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Patrick, as part of the deal does Blayne get the blue sofa cushion (?) with the purple and orange flowers that has been the background for your photos? :D
I'm asking you because you're an educated sort of swine. John LeCarre
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

MikeS wrote:Patrick, as part of the deal does Blayne get the blue sofa cushion (?) with the purple and orange flowers that has been the background for your photos? :D
LOL...It's actually a shawl from China...a gift from a customer.

Doc

Doc's Website

Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Nope - that woulda been a "deal breaker"! Hahahahah!
Doc Jones wrote:
MikeS wrote:Patrick, as part of the deal does Blayne get the blue sofa cushion (?) with the purple and orange flowers that has been the background for your photos? :D

Doc
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Blayne Chastain wrote:Nope - that woulda been a "deal breaker"! Hahahahah!
Doc Jones wrote:

Doc
You see, I leave you in the hands of a man with refinement and good taste. :lol:

Doc

Doc's Website

Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

MikeS wrote:Patrick, as part of the deal does Blayne get the blue sofa cushion (?) with the purple and orange flowers that has been the background for your photos?
Doc Jones wrote:It's actually a shawl from China...a gift from a customer.
I wondered too. I had a tie with that same pattern back in the 60s. (In fact, I may still have it.)

Best to both parties and thanks, Doc, for the services in the past.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.