The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Doc Jones
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

Post by Doc Jones »

My dear friends,

As you some of you may know, in addition to my veterinary practice I’m also a clinical herbalist. I do a lot of clinical case work with animals and people and also do quite a lot lecturing, seminars and workshops helping other folks to learn to be herbalists http://homegrownherbalist.net/. I’ve also been writing books and developing an online education program for would-be herbalists. As if this weren’t enough, I’ve recently started naturopathic medical school. My “irons in the fire” level has always been pretty high but with the addition of the med school, something had to give.

After careful consideration, I’ve decided to place The Irish Flute Store http://irishflutestore.com/ in the capable hands of my good friend Blayne Chastain. Blayne has been running a similar website (whistleanddrum.com) for many years. He’s a good business man, a great guy and a fine tooter of fine tooters. There are very few people to whom I would be willing to give “my baby” but Blayne will be wonderful. He’s well-connected and well-liked in the Irish music community and will take good care of things.

Blayne will be leaving irishflutestore.com much as it is for the foreseeable future. He will continue to offer top of the line instruments new and pre-loved. He will continue to do consignments trade-ins and all the other things that have made the Irish Flute Store what it is today.

I can’t begin to express the gratitude I feel for all of you who have supported the store with your patronage over the years. Your friendship means a great deal to me and I’ll miss our regular interactions. I’m still happy to answer tooter questions, shoot the bull and catch up with all of you. Don’t be strangers. Heck, I may even have time to post on C&F once in a while.

I’m also grateful to those of you who have supported the Foyer de Sion orphanage in Haiti over the years with your generous instrument donations. You have made a remarkable difference in the lives of my kids down there. You have literally saved lives. God bless you all.

Blayne will continue to accept donations of instruments for the kids if any are so inclined. Donations are tax deductible.

So, onward and upward. I predict that the The Irish Flute Store will be better than ever under Blayne’s care and that he’ll take wonderful care of you all.

His phone number is 855-294-3571. In a week or so the new number will be 855-IFlute2.

The new contact email for the store is info@irishflutestore.com

Merry Christmas to all,

Patrick “Doc” Jones
208-410-2381
doc@homegrownherbalist.net
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Tommy

Re: The Irish Flute Store Has a New Owner

Post by Tommy »

Hmmmmmm...... OK Doc, but we will miss you.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Doc,
You have done and continue to do very important work for your fellow man and for animals, as well as the Irish music community. Blayne is certainly a capable Captain of which to hand ye wheel to!

Much fortune to you in your ongoing journey and with the less traveled road of natural medicine. :thumbsup:

Slainte,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
cboody

Post by cboody »

Tried to email, but your email for the store is already off line.

It is, I guess an understandable change, but I and the entire whistle community will miss you.

Good luck with the other paths you tread.

I'll try to reach you when we travel through your area (if for once we can stop!). It would be good to meet and greet face to face.
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Patrick,

Thank you so much for your blessing. It's a great honor to carry on the great work you've done.

Friends here at C&F, as Patrick mentioned, I'm very excited to carry on and grow IFS. Do give us a shout anytime.

(855) 294-3571 for the next week and (855) i Flute 2 (435-8832) after that... :)

Thanks!
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Best of luck to both of you, Doc and Blayne. Doc, do look into the forum here from time to time and add your 2 cents.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

cboody wrote:Tried to email, but your email for the store is already off line.
Chuck, my new email is doc@homegrownherbalist.net

Thanks for the kind words all.

Doc

Doc's Website

ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Thank you Doc for all the fine work you've been doing.

Best wishes always!
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Blayne, best wishes for TIFS endeavors.

One question... will you keep the websites separate, or somehow merge/new?

Good luck! :)
Blayne Chastain

Appreciated! They will remain separate.
ytliek wrote:Blayne, best wishes for TIFS endeavors.

One question... will you keep the websites separate, or somehow merge/new?

Good luck! :)
swizzlestick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by swizzlestick »

Good luck to both of you! I wish you gentlemen success in all your endeavors.
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

Doc,

You sold me my first flute, a delring Copley. You sold me my Reviol's, one Busman, two Mac Hoovers and a Miller Flute.

I've enjoyed and still have them all.

You're doing good work in the world too my friend.

Good luck and stop by once in a while.

Thanks,
Michael (ecohawk)
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

What do you say in a eulogy? Doc has been and will always be the "one to go to" for flutes and whistles, and with his quick wit, good humor and compassion, no one will ever replace him, in my mind. Not trying to take anything away from Blayne, but he has a tough job ahead, replacing Patrick. Best wishes on that endeavor, Blayne!

Things change, though, and we need to move on too with the new, and just remember the old, with the due respect and fondness that is deserved. Good luck to you Doc, and best wishes for your future too. It's been a rare pleasure dealing with you over the years. Thank you for all you kindness, generosity and straight shooting, and making a huge difference to us on Chiff and of course, the kids from Foyer de Sion! And personally, thanks for all the laughs, and making my life richer along the way! You made me smile and laugh many times over-and that's no little thing! Bless you, Patrick!

Be well,
Barry
Blayne Chastain

Agreed & Thanks Barry! :)
greenspiderweb wrote:What do you say in a eulogy? Doc has been and will always be the "one to go to" for flutes and whistles, and with his quick wit, good humor and compassion, no one will ever replace him, in my mind. Not trying to take anything away from Blayne, but he has a tough job ahead, replacing Patrick. Best wishes on that endeavor, Blayne!
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

greenspiderweb wrote:What do you say in a eulogy?
In the words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I"m not dead. I think I'll go for a walk." Thanks for the kind words Barry. :)

Patrick

Doc's Website