Just got a Sindt D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
bigskybri
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Just got a Sindt D

Post by bigskybri »

I've read w/ interest some of the posts about Sindt whistles. In a current thread a chiffer talks about being wanting to be buried w/ his Sindt. I had a chance to buy a used Sindt a couple weeks ago and got it in the mail on Friday. It is a very nice sounding whistle. I can see why it's highly sought after. Don't know if I'll go as far as being buried w/ it, but maybe as I continue to play it, I'll start feeling the same way. It is going to become my go-to whistle.

Mine looks to have come from an estate sale (or some sort of sale). I bought it from a 3rd party who didn't know what they had. So for those currently looking for used ones, don't give up. There are used ones out there waiting to be found.
maki
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Just got a Sindt D

Post by maki »

Congratulations!
I wish you joy of your new to you whislte.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Nice... Congratulations... let me know how that whistle works out for ya! :)
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Bigskybri,
John Sindt makes an incredible whistle and you are fortunate to have aquired one. Enjoy your new whistle. As time spent on your Sindt whistle grows, so will your love for the wonderful playing characteristics inherent to the superb craftsmanship demonstrated by John in making these great instruments. Have fun with it! :thumbsup:

SINDTcerely,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Don't be buried with it. Pass it on to your kids or grandkids and let people keep on enjoying it.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Or put it in your estate sale....

Was this the Sendt [sic] whistle that I saw advertised somewhere?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

Steve Bliven wrote:Or put it in your estate sale....

Best wishes.

Steve
No, somebody was selling that Sendt for their wife, supposedly.
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

brewerpaul wrote:Don't be buried with it. Pass it on to your kids or grandkids and let people keep on enjoying it.

Paul,
I agree completey and will certainly leave mine behind for someone else to enjoy making music with the way I have. Not only that, it is reported that tone hole coverage with those skinny, boney, corpse fingers is less than adequate and that results in squeeks and squawks regardless of if one is playing a Sindt or a very humble and untweaked Generation. :lol:

Morbidly yours,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
maki

Post by maki »

brewerpaul wrote:Don't be buried with it. Pass it on to your kids or grandkids and let people keep on enjoying it.
You could adopt me if you like.
bigskybri
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bigskybri »

ytliek wrote:Nice... Congratulations... let me know how that whistle works out for ya! :)
Thanks. Got a hunch it will work out just fine.
Cayden wrote:Bigskybri,
John Sindt makes an incredible whistle and you are fortunate to have aquired one. Enjoy your new whistle. As time spent on your Sindt whistle grows, so will your love for the wonderful playing characteristics inherent to the superb craftsmanship demonstrated by John in making these great instruments. Have fun with it! :thumbsup:

SINDTcerely,
Cayden
I was able to play w/ a fiddle player for about 30 minutes right after picking it up on Friday @ a weekly lunch hour music jam (fortunately I had the afternoon off). It sounded great w/ him. I love my old Gen's, but this is going to be my number one whistle. John certainly knows how to make them
Steve Bliven wrote:

Best wishes.

Steve
It wasn't advertised as a whistle or a Sindt. Properly described and it would have been beyond my budget.
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

Cayden wrote:

Paul,
I agree completey and will certainly leave mine behind for someone else to enjoy making music with the way I have. Not only that, it is reported that tone hole coverage with those skinny, boney, corpse fingers is less than adequate and that results in squeeks and squawks regardless of if one is playing a Sindt or a very humble and untweaked Generation. :lol:

Morbidly yours,
Cayden
Boy, I share one personal sentimental thought with you guys and look what happens. :( Where's the love?

Enjoy the Sindt.

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Out of curiosity, how do you get on with the absence of an in-tune OXXOOO Cnat?
Lars Larry Mór Mott
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Mikethebook wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you get on with the absence of an in-tune OXXOOO Cnat?
I sent mine to Marc Löfgren plus a Feadóg tube he fitted to the Sindt head, the result - awesomeness! :)
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Interesting! Would it work with Generation tube too do you think?
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

That would work, although size are slightly different I believe.

Search old posts by Bloomfield, about his Sindt-dog. If you're lucky his old webpage with description of a DIY conversion is still up.

[Edit]

Surprisingly, after ten years, it is (adding to the strong impression there's little new being discussed on the forums) : Bloomfield's improved Sindt D whistle
My brain hurts