Do you leave the stickers on your whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Do you leave the stickers on your whistles?

Post by Jack »

edit
Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I don't know if my "always" vote is quite accurate, since I've only gotten two that came with stickers.. but I peeled both of those off. *shrug*
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

If it's a sticker, I take it off. However, I think the 1950's-type decals on Generations are totally cool.

Best wishes,
Jerry
bdatki

Post by bdatki »

Jerry Freeman wrote:If it's a sticker, I take it off. However, I think the 1950's-type decals on Generations are totally cool.

Best wishes,
Jerry
I totally agree, all Gens have wicked cool stickers.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

If they're crooked I take em off. Otherwise I leave em on.
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

I can just imagine someone in the Generation factory,with huge sheets of decals,like you used to get in model aeroplane kits,soaking them in warm water and laboriously sticking them on by hand! They would see that Generation badge in their sleep! :boggle: . I think my signature would probably mean something to them! :lol:
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I took the sticker off a Feadog once, but after I'd had it a while. Now there's a cleaner looking oval where it isn't, which bugs me. I suppose I should clean the whole whistle.

So now I leave them on. Generation decals can get scratched up a bit though, and my Oak label has lost its ink, so it's just a clear plastic sticker.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Jerry Freeman wrote:If it's a sticker, I take it off. However, I think the 1950's-type decals on Generations are totally cool.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Yeah but if you get one where it hasn't been applied correctly and is not on real firmly...well, temptation got the better of me. :D

Cheers,
David
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Martin Milner wrote:I took the sticker off a Feadog once, but after I'd had it a while. Now there's a cleaner looking oval where it isn't, which bugs me. I suppose I should clean the whole whistle.

So now I leave them on. Generation decals can get scratched up a bit though, and my Oak label has lost its ink, so it's just a clear plastic sticker.
Yea, I pulled my Oak's sticker off after about 6 months of having it. I can still see the spot. :roll:
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Wait a minute! That thing on my Walton is a STICKER?!?!?! :boggle:

Little John
ScottStewart

Post by ScottStewart »

My Eyer low G has a nice understated round, gold sticker on the back near the bottom. It's about the size of a shirt button and simply says "Handmade Eyer Whistle". I think it's kinda cool. Other than that I'm not really into stickers, so I give them to my kids.
:P
Image Scott

"Peace is not defined by the absence of war."
fluter_d

Post by fluter_d »

I have big problems with identifying keys without the stickers... I have quite a few blue Generation whistles, and it can be dangerous without 'em!
Deirdre

Never, ever, try to play an Eb whistle against a tune in D... :oops:
Kar

Post by Kar »

I got an LBW with one of the really ugly florescent yellow stickers on it and you bet I took it off. It was almost impossible to get the sticky reside off, even with Goo Gone, and then when I washed it all, I got this bizarre matte appearance on the whistle which looked odd at first but sort of calmed down after a while from handling it. It then had a very sleek, compact, cool almost tactical look for a while--until the black paint started chipping off an I disovered a high D Frankenwhistle I liked better and retired the LBW.