Sandy, Will she be a jig or a reel? I hope it...

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Johnered66
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Sandy, Will she be a jig or a reel? I hope it...

Post by Johnered66 »

Turns out to be a slow air. Stay safe my piping friends on the East coast. It looks like we are getting a mad session of natural proportions.
Neither weddin' nor wake would be worth a shake
If Denny was first not invited.
For at squeezin' the bag, or emptyin' the keg,
He astonished as well as delighted!
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Sandy, Will she be a jig or a reel? I hope it...

Post by MTGuru »

I always think it's funny that when a TV news event affects either NYC or DC, it's always the end of the world in 24/7 technicolor infotainment. If the rest of the country/world disappears into a black hole, that might just get a passing mention. I wonder if the concentration of national news HQ in NYC and DC has anything to do with it? :wink:

Anyway, stay safe and keep your pipes dry!
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Coreen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Coreen »

Sandy is a Strathspey

Johnered66 you stay safe, and all those nearer the bays and waters than I am. This one is gonna be a doozy.
Johnered66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Johnered66 »

MTGuru wrote:I always think it's funny that when a TV news event affects either NYC or DC, it's always the end of the world in 24/7 technicolor infotainment. If the rest of the country/world disappears into a black hole, that might just get a passing mention. I wonder if the concentration of national news HQ in NYC and DC has anything to do with it? :wink:

We live in a densely populated place mate. 50 million could be without power. That's an insane estimate. But it could happen. Hunker down tunesters.
Neither weddin' nor wake would be worth a shake
If Denny was first not invited.
For at squeezin' the bag, or emptyin' the keg,
He astonished as well as delighted!
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

MTGuru wrote:I always think it's funny that when a TV news event affects either NYC or DC, it's always the end of the world in 24/7 technicolor infotainment. If the rest of the country/world disappears into a black hole, that might just get a passing mention. I wonder if the concentration of national news HQ in NYC and DC has anything to do with it? :wink:
What really gets me rolling on the floor and chewing the mats is when they make the newscast the news, as almost always happens with hurricanes. The story is not about the local human suffering and damage, but instead how dangerous it is for up-and-coming-reporter-who-desperately-wants-a-shot-at-the-big-time to be there and how he/she feels and how long they have been out there in the rain so that they can look appropriately miserable for the camera. :puppyeyes:
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

It's a good time to play an analog instrument. Thinking of all Coasters and hoping you'll stay smart and safe.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
dunnp

Post by dunnp »

Front page news, in the Metro Scotland today as well.

Good Luck
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

dunnp wrote:

Front page news, in the Metro Scotland today as well.

Good Luck
Lead story on the BBC website, lead in all the new bulletins nationally, even lead in the regional BBC radio bulletins. I expect I'll mention it in my business breifing on BBC Radio Gloucestershire this week.

I do take your point though, Mr Guru Sir, it wouldn't be half so exciting if it were happening in some backwoods place like ... ooh, I dunno ... San Diego, say. :)

To all my American chums - stay safe. And to those who must evacuate - I hope everything is fine when you get back.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Johnered66 wrote:We live in a densely populated place mate.
I lived most of my life on the north shore of Long Island, mate. So you don't have to tell me, and not the point. :wink:

Again, stay safe and happy hunkering!
An Draighean wrote:What really gets me rolling on the floor and chewing the mats is when they make the newscast the news
Yep, absolutely.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.