What are you doing this St. Patrick's?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Soineanta
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Soineanta »

I'm celebrating by seeing Eileen Ivers in concert this Friday night, then going to a Celtic fling on Sunday. Kevin, is your fiddling thing at the Manatee Convention Center? If so, that's the same one I'm going to.
On the actual day I have school, but afterwards I'm thinking of going downtown to 5 Points Park to try my stuff on the public for the first time. I'll be playing my quietist whistle!
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Soineanta wrote:I'm celebrating by seeing Eileen Ivers in concert this Friday night, then going to a Celtic fling on Sunday. Kevin, is your fiddling thing at the Manatee Convention Center? If so, that's the same one I'm going to.
On the actual day I have school, but afterwards I'm thinking of going downtown to 5 Points Park to try my stuff on the public for the first time. I'll be playing my quietist whistle!
Yeah, the Fling on Sunday. Jill and Keri and me and I think Roddy the Piper and who knows who else will be there from around noon till whenever to "perform" whenever the real entertainment isnt, so look for us in the "McSwiggins Pub" that Sandy is setting up in there, and bring yer whistle.

Playing in public on Monday? On your own or with a group or other "event". Either way, then way cool on you!

Kev
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

I'll be going to Weekender's gig, to hear him play (if I can find a place to park!)
PapoAnaya

Post by PapoAnaya »

St. Patricks?

I have no idea, I'll try to find a joint to go... Otherwise, I'll stay home and drink guiness until I puke.

Luis
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I'll be seeing Mary Black at the State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ, this friday the 14th. Looking forward to that greatly.
I might time the VCR for St. Pactrick's parade, as I'm sure I'll be at work. I am thinking of bringing a bunch of irish CDs and tapes to play in the store all day.
But an average day,none the less. I feel irish 365 days a year, and St. Patty's day doesn't make me feel anymore so.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

blackhawk wrote:I'll be going to Weekender's gig, to hear him play (if I can find a place to park!)
No prob parking, but now I have to practice because it wont be all strangers!!!
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Turner wrote:Aaron could you explain to me how you make the flag move like that please?
It only flaps because it's Scottish. :lol: Actually I downloaded it that way so, no guesses on how to make it flap. You can find a flapping one here http://www.3dflags.com/html/gif/2/u/anm ... 2fawm.html . The Irish Tricolor can be found here http://www.3dflags.com/html/gif/2/i/anm ... 2fawm.html for those interested.
Cheers,
Aaron
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The Weekenders wrote:
blackhawk wrote:I'll be going to Weekender's gig, to hear him play (if I can find a place to park!)
No prob parking, but now I have to practice because it wont be all strangers!!!
Yeah, Week, let's just hope you're up to my lofty standards! :lol:
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Alas, no St Paddy's celebration for us. Monday night is also the first night of the Jewish holiday of Purim, which commemorates the events of the Book of Esther. This is actually a very fun holiday-- the kids ( and often the adults too) wear costumes, either related to the biblical story or not. The whole book of Esther is read aloud in Hebrew, and every time the name of the villan Haman is read, everyone in the audience yells, hollers, and generally makes as much noise as possible to drown out the name.
Although Judaism does not usually encourage drunkenness, on this occasion people were traditionally urged to drink to the point where they could not distinguish between the name of Haman, and the "good guy" of the story, Mordechai... maybe there IS a St Paddy's connection there after all... these days, with DWI laws etc, this is not usually done
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

That sounds like a great tradition, Paul. Are whistles played at all in Jewish folk music?
Turner

Post by Turner »

I would also like to hear weekender play, but its a bit too far away :(

Tell me weekender are there gonna be freedom fries served up at the interval? :P

Blackhawk, do you deliver presents on the 25th December by any chance?
serpent

Busking

Post by serpent »

... on the Country Club Plaza. Lunchtime. With a Brass Serpent.
:D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Can't you get your shofar to drive you home, Paul?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

nyuk, Rog.

- A Plumbers Coleman.
paulsdad

Post by paulsdad »

Well, I plan to go play at the old folks home and then off to work for the evening. Like Damien, I work at a school, but I only have to work the evening shift.

Hope ya'll enjoy your green beer and tunes.

Paulsdad