A Word of Thanks for the Safe Return of Elizabeth Smart

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

A Word of Thanks for the Safe Return of Elizabeth Smart

Post by PhilO »

For once, something we can all celebrate and revel in. Thank God. It seems so seldom that we have such good endings in real life. Let's all be happy today!

Regards,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

where'd they find her?
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Sandy, Utah.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

If you haven't heard the news go here:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... -headlines

Finally a good news story!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I did not know about this!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know...off to find a TV!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Amen. Something wonderful happened in my country today. I am heartsick at what she may have endured, but she is alive to recover.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Having lived in Salt Lake, and followed this for what....a year now? There's some suspicious things that the media isn't covering - or at least not well. Don't get too happy just yet folks...

She is found, and that's always a good thing, but the circumstances might not be as they seem.

Let's hope for the best either way though.

Bri~
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Brian

I hope you're wrong, but something doesn't add up here - the guy was a certifiable loony - and now the woman arrested as his wife turns out to be a girlfriend whose own mother called the cops about it.

For now, lets just be glad the girl is safe.
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Well, I've been watching the local news on all the main TV stations for more than 6 hours now, and I've learned a lot about what they are releasing so far...but Brian's right. Some very suspicious things. Some major brain washing has been going on with her or else she was very scared or something, because she has been around here in public lately, like in WalMart and at weird parties with these people who took her, and didn't try to escape.

I can't even imagine what she has gone through. Her family is so full of joy, and I am so happy for them that she's back. I hope they can start working through it all now and start the healing process, and find all the answers to the many questions.

My prayers will continue to be with the family..