OT: What's Your Zodiac (Sun) Sign? Theory to be tested

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
carrie

Post by carrie »

On 2003-02-25 15:52, HDSarah wrote:
On 2003-02-25 15:51, Jeferson wrote:
Hey, Feb. 25 here :smile:
Jef
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFERSON!!

Sarah
Yes! Happy Birthday!

(from a Libra)
dakotamouse
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by dakotamouse »

Oct. 4 Libra
Mary

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of
which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author
(1924-1998)
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

July 9th, the Crab, Cancer
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

January 9. Capricorn. Does that make me an old goat?
Caru

Post by Caru »

Sagittarius, November 23
Fun4Bambi

Post by Fun4Bambi »

June 4
Gemini
Year of the Tiger
ENFP
A-negative blood
7 1/2 shoe, wide
Freckled
Proud Cross Fippler
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

5/14/1960 (Y2K compliant)

Which makes me a Taurus, so far the only one I think.

Terrified of performances, yet wants to be the center of attention and admired for my talent. Someday, maybe I'll have some talent with the whistle!
There is no try, only do or not do. - Yoda
msheldon

Post by msheldon »

On 2003-02-25 21:43, snoogie wrote:
5/14/1960 (Y2K compliant)

Which makes me a Taurus, so far the only one I think.
Not anymore. :smile:

18 May, Taurus, Year of the Horse.

Hesitant to begin performing, but once involved, will pursue it aggressively.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Here's another June 23.Year of 1953. Cancer the Crab. (I must side with those who think astrology is a way to pass time, not anything real though.

I like to perform, have done it since I was a kid and my dad would make me play piano for anyone who showed up to visit. I do not, however, like to perform solo. Prefer to be part of a group, and not the front person.

On the otherhand, my brother, who is an accomplished musician and singer, who can work a crowd like a pro, and loves to be the front man has his birthday TODAY!!!!

That's an extra bit of data for this study.
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I'm also on a cusp. Leo and Virgo, August 22nd. As an actress I have that love-of-performing (at least on stage--I'm still shy about the whistle) Leo trait, but that's where it ends. Truly I'm mostly Virgo.
What an interesting theory!
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Capricorn (Dec.30th). Okay with performing but get far more enjoyment making music with friends in the pub.

Cheers,
David
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

In Western astrology, I'm a Scorpio (November 5), and I guess I do have some Scorpio qualities (introverted, brooding, etc.).

However, I prefer the Vedic system, which would place the sun in Libra in my birth chart. (There's a small matter of some 23 or so degrees that the sun's path through the zodiac has shifted relative to the equinoxes since the last time the actual location of the sun was where Western astrology places it when calculating a chart. This is due to a pair of phenomena called "nutation" and "precession of equinoxes," which Western astrology ignores but Vedic or "sidereal" astrology takes into account.)

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. To make this a little more concrete, it's been almost 1700 years since the last time the sun was actually in the first degree of Aries on the first day of spring. The precession of equinoxes causes the sun's position on any given day of the year to shift one degree every 72 years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jerry Freeman on 2003-02-25 22:43 ]</font>
tkelly

Post by tkelly »

5/29 -- Gemini

And performing scares the bejesus out of me, so I don't do it. Maybe someday . . .

Tery
Holt

Post by Holt »

November 2nd, Scorpio. Also introverted and brooding..........but not ALL the time, sometimes I just keep to myself and wonder why no one likes me...
Tommy
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

June 12, 1971. Year of the Chicken, I think.

I'm a band director, if that tells you anything about how I feel in front of people (I'm here getting over a case of post-concert hyperactivity so I can sleep tonight, in case you're wondering).

I'm also left-handed; I've noticed a preponderance of lefties among performing musicians, no?

But let's see...I drive a pickup, I love God, I'm inspired by mountains, children, aspen trees, and good music, struggle with a bad temper, seriously dig odd things, enjoy setting off explosives, write poetry, kill animals with arrows and eat them (usually after cooking them first), like to think, can't make much sense of politics, I'm a poor speller, have flat feet, and occasionally forget to comb my mustache of a morning. So, do I fit the profile for a Gemini, or what?

Tom