The Arty Bollocks Generator

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The Arty Bollocks Generator

Post by Mr.Gumby »

For all your manifestos, exhibition blurbs and grant applications: It's Here.
An example of some Arty Bollocks the Generator wrote:My work explores the relationship between gender politics and life as perfomance.

With influences as diverse as Kierkegaard and Roy Lichtenstein, new tensions are generated from both traditional and modern meanings.

Ever since I was a teenager I have been fascinated by the theoretical limits of the mind. What starts out as hope soon becomes debased into a hegemony of lust, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the prospect of a new beginning.

As shifting forms become frozen through diligent and critical practice, the viewer is left with a glimpse of the limits of our condition.

Enjoy.
My brain hurts

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: The Arty Bollocks Generator

Post by Nanohedron »

Good God. I must be King Of The Hopeless Cases, because the generator only gives me nothing. Twice.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Does it. I thought it was uncanny. It kept telling my life story. And it was so-o-o-o-o accurate. Positively miraculous.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

I tried it again. Dammit. Sometimes the Zen thing just doesn't cut it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Perhaps it's being accurate with you too.

:twisted:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Grrr.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Grrr.
See, you need to free yourself of all this negative energy. Relax and become, as the Australian TV presenter might say, "one with everything".

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:Relax and become, as the Australian TV presenter might say, "one with everything".
Right. I should turn into a pizza.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

James Naughtie, a very well-known Radio Presenter, who presents probably the most important breakfast programme in the UK - the Radio 4 Today programme, continued the Dalai Lama joke thus:

So the Dalai Lama gives the pizza guy a tenner for his £5 slice and waits. Eventually the pizza guy says "What re you waiting for?" to which the Lama says "My change". "Ah," says the pizza guy, "change must come from within."

A deathly hush descended on the UK at this point, and tumbleweed could be seen floating about. After several seconds of dead air, Mr Naughtie said "I'll get me coat."
Denny

Post by Denny »

kinda like "the cello on the beach", only backwards!
Last edited by Denny on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:So the Dalai Lama gives the pizza guy a tenner for his £5 slice and waits. Eventually the pizza guy says "What re you waiting for?" to which the Lama says "My change". "Ah," says the pizza guy, "change must come from within."
Ha! Nice. I recall a clever tip jar at the local coffee shop that read, "If you fear change, leave yours with us."
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

My work explores the relationship between acquired synesthesia and recycling culture.

With influences as diverse as Blake and Andy Warhol, new tensions are generated from both simple and complex meanings.

Ever since I was a teenager I have been fascinated by the theoretical limits of relationships. What starts out as vision soon becomes debased into a hegemony of lust, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the chance of a new reality.

As temporal impressions become clarified through diligent and critical practice, the viewer is left with an impression of the edges of our future.
Diddley diddley dee, diddley diddley da dum,
Diddley diddley dee, diddley diddley da dum. :thumbsup:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

benhall.1 wrote:Relax and become, as the Australian TV presenter might say, "one with everything".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GogjFO8GNEo

:oops:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Nanohedron wrote:
Right. I should turn into a pizza.
Just for the record, that joke goes at least as far back as the 80s, maybe earlier. Sometimes it's hotdogs instead of pizzas, and you can choose from gurus/monks/Hindus/Buddhists/what-have-you. Didn't know about yer man getting clever with the Dalai Lama...that was a destined epic fail just on the language front even though the DL's English chops are pretty substantial. It's a huge risk telling an idiomatic joke like that to an ESL audience; you'd probably have to take 15 minutes to explain it afterward, including how Western preconceived truisms about Eastern thought combined with the idea of food service as a metaphor for the easy route fuels the now-erstwhile joke. But doing it during a granted audience with a mucketymuck no matter how easygoing (as the DL is), and a first meeting at that, on TV in front of the world? You can't ask for a better way to embarrass yourself.