The BEHEMOTH Everybody on the Forum is (or has) a Cutie-Pie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
HDSarah
antispam: No

Post by HDSarah »

On 2003-02-19 17:32, Redwolf wrote:

I have had several well-loved cars, but the one that stands out in my mind as a cutie-pie was my '72 Peugeot 504. The mechanics in NC HATED that car

Redwolf
Redwolf, you NEED this CD:
http://cartalk.cars.com/ct/store.storem ... oductID=10
Car Talk (yes, Click and Clack), Car Tunes Vol.1. It's hilarious. The song titled "Peugeot" goes something like this:

I drive an old Peugeot, but I don't speak French
I carry jumper cables, I carry a wrench
It quits when it's raining, and it stalls when it's dry
And the damn thing blew up on the 4th of July.

(chorus)
Whoopee ti yi yay, parlez-vous Francais?
Whoopee ti yi yo, will you fix my Peugeot?

(I don't know all the verses by heart, but believe me, you'll laugh.)

Sarah
(too new to C&F to be a cutie-pie?)
Soineanta
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Soineanta »

Sarah
I haven't official cutie-pie-dubbing powers, but as you have my name (with an "H" at the end, but close), I grant you cutie pie status! Temporary, of course, and pending official dubbing.
Welcome aboard. :grin:

without troubling of a star." (Madeleine L'Engle)
~Sara S.~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soineanta on 2003-02-19 20:43 ]</font>
serpent

Post by serpent »

And now, brought to you by none other than the inimitable and irrepressible, not to mention, irreversible and irrefutable Serpent... We present:
<center>Image
<font size+=2>TelegramSam</font></center>

With our undying gratitude to this young lass, who has brightened our lives for so long!

Cheers, :grin:
serpent

(edit) and I swear by all that is holy, that I did _NOT_ draw the arrow! (/edit)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: serpent on 2003-02-19 22:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: serpent on 2003-02-20 09:05 ]</font>
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

you spelled my name wrong. No underscore.

*nitpick* *nitpick*

ps. I don't actually look anything like that horrible picture...
serpent

Post by serpent »

On 2003-02-19 22:54, TelegramSam wrote:
you spelled my name wrong. No underscore.

*nitpick* *nitpick*

ps. I don't actually look anything like that horrible picture...
Oh, just shut up and enjoy your CutiePie status. :razz: I fixed it. Next thing, you'll be wanting me to clean up the picture in PhotoShop. All work and no mice. The life of the poor, enslaved serpent... :grin:
serpent
:lol:
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

well you COULD do something about that grainy business. :wink:
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2003-02-19 20:13, HDSarah wrote:
On 2003-02-19 17:32, Redwolf wrote:

I have had several well-loved cars, but the one that stands out in my mind as a cutie-pie was my '72 Peugeot 504. The mechanics in NC HATED that car

Redwolf
Redwolf, you NEED this CD:
http://cartalk.cars.com/ct/store.storem ... oductID=10
Car Talk (yes, Click and Clack), Car Tunes Vol.1. It's hilarious. The song titled "Peugeot" goes something like this:

I drive an old Peugeot, but I don't speak French
I carry jumper cables, I carry a wrench
It quits when it's raining, and it stalls when it's dry
And the damn thing blew up on the 4th of July.

(chorus)
Whoopee ti yi yay, parlez-vous Francais?
Whoopee ti yi yo, will you fix my Peugeot?

(I don't know all the verses by heart, but believe me, you'll laugh.)

Sarah
:lol: It's all too true! I used to tell people that I was the only one who could drive my Peugeot because I knew how to cuss in French!

Actually, it was an extremely reliable little car, but nothing...absolutely nothing...was where you expected it to be. Every year I'd take it in for the required state safety inspection, and every year the mechanics would tell me "we can't pass it because it doesn't have a horn and because we can't figure out how to turn on the headlights." Once I showed them how to turn on the headlights and how to honk the horn (it was a lever on the side of the column, and the car actually had to be rolling for it to sound), they'd pass me, but not without much head shaking and rolling of eyes!

Poor old Poochie...I miss him terribly sometimes! I'd still have him, if NC hadn't passed new smog laws (refusing to do the sensible thing and grandfather in older cars)...it was going to cost more than his gold book to retrofit him, so I sent him to the great recycling yard in the sky...but not without a solemn chorus of La Marseillaise :sad:

Redwolf
Gary

Post by Gary »

My two youngest sons (both cutie pies) were saving their money to buy a Play Station 2. Saturday they asked mom (aka Cutie Pie Numero Uno) and dad if they could buy a puppy instead.

After a long search, we bought a lab/German Shepard mix from the local animal rescue.

CPNU named him Shadow. He's 4 1/2 months old, all black with a white star on his chest and those Shepard ears that stand up. He already comes when called, knows how to shake, sit and paw the door to go out. He has never soiled in the house. He loves to sit in your lap and is very outgoing. He loves everyone, including our hamsters and Austrailian Sheperd. He sleeps all night in the laundry room and never whines or howls, letting us sleep all night. He understands the meaning of 'NO' and we know when he's hungry or thirsty.

Can a dog be given Cutie Pie status? I really adore the little critter! If so, I'll try to post a picture.

Gary
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

You understand no nothing about Peter Falk's 403 coupé, you knnnnigggets!

Peugeot rules! *

<font size=1>* But I'd rather go on with my VW van, or BMW bike :wink: My only Peugeot "motor" is stamped so underside my pepper-mill, a useful offspring of the recorder</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2003-02-20 14:54 ]</font>
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2003-02-20 14:49, Gary wrote:
My two youngest sons (both cutie pies) were saving their money to buy a Play Station 2. Saturday they asked mom (aka Cutie Pie Numero Uno) and dad if they could buy a puppy instead.

After a long search, we bought a lab/German Shepard mix from the local animal rescue.

CPNU named him Shadow. He's 4 1/2 months old, all black with a white star on his chest and those Shepard ears that stand up. He already comes when called, knows how to shake, sit and paw the door to go out. He has never soiled in the house. He loves to sit in your lap and is very outgoing. He loves everyone, including our hamsters and Austrailian Sheperd. He sleeps all night in the laundry room and never whines or howls, letting us sleep all night. He understands the meaning of 'NO' and we know when he's hungry or thirsty.

Can a dog be given Cutie Pie status? I really adore the little critter! If so, I'll try to post a picture.

Gary
Furred critters are automatically cutie-pies! Didn't I post a pic of my rats somewhere in this thread? (can't remember...it's been what, 71 pages???).

Redwolf
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2003-02-07 19:33, herbivore12 wrote:

"Spreading adder", which I'd never heard, is very evocative, in its way. I like it, though I'd be wary of causing folks to think that it's dangerously venomous (hognose snakes are mildly venomous, but not like the old-world adders, which can kill).
We really did always call them spreading adders, but never thought of them as dangerous. My impression was that their venom was perhaps on a par with an insect sting.
Reasonable person
Walden
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Hi Cutie-Pie Gary,

I am waiting for the Cutie-Pie post of your Cutie-Pie Puppy Shadow! I just can't resist a Cutie-Pie Puppy.

Cutie-Pie
Kathy

Trying to get extra credit for bringing this back to page 1 and for using the words Cutie-Pie the most times in one post.
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Yes, Gary, let's see a picture of the CP puppy!

Here's another shot of my puppy:

Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

I'm happy to say that I never read any of this thread, except for the post just above mine, and it was about someone's dog. I wonder if I missed anything? Ignorance IS bliss!

JP
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2003-02-24 02:02, JohnPalmer wrote:
Ignorance IS bliss!
So, does this mean that "Ignoramuses are Cutie Pies"?