Francois Baubet Delrin Rudall & Rose

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
brotherwind

Francois Baubet Delrin Rudall & Rose

Post by brotherwind »

As received recently. Plays very nicely. Thank you, Francois! Well done!

Francois Baubet Delrin R&R

Francois Baubet Delrin R&R

Have a look/listen on the samples within the link below.
brotherwind

Re: Francois Baubet Delrin Rudall & Rose

Post by brotherwind »

Sorry, should belong to the photo-thread.
Lars Larry Mór Mott
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Is it a second hand/old-ish one? My Delrin Baubet has corked joints, and when i asked him about joint hemp/thread he said "I don't use thread anymore, only cork.
Lovely flute/s though, very well made and gorgeous sounding!
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
brotherwind

Post by brotherwind »

It. is a new one. Francois told me the glueing of cork doesn't hold so well on cork and therefore used thread. Works fine although I generally prefer corked joints.
Best,
Moritz
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Only 7 more months until I get mine...I can't wait. Pretty looking flute and sounds lovely. Delrin is hard to glue to, so I can understand using thread instead of cork on the joints.

Eric
Lars Larry Mór Mott

Jayhawk: 7 months?? Did you order a keyed timber flute, or he is swamped atm? I think mine took weeks, not months to be finished.
brotherwind: I see! Hope i won't run into problems with mine :( Personally i don't really mind much, my Murray has threaded joints, and apart from having to add thread i haven't had any problem.
Cheers!
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

I didn't know he offered R&R flutes, as he says on his website that his instruments are neither a copy of a rudall or a pratten, but his own design that borrows from several. I thought he stopped offering those different models a long time ago.

And yes, I think he might be swamped. I have been waiting a while to have my keyless made fully keyed. Not that I mind, as I am going to miss it while it's away having this done! Worth the wait, though, for sure! I absolutely love mine and can't put it down for very long when I'm home. Mine has corked joints, and I've had no issues with it. When I ordered my flute I got it after barely any time at all.

I thought it was a really good flute when I first got it. Now that I've been playing longer and getting better, it seems the flute is magically getting better along with me, and I like it more each day.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Lars - I ordered a 5 key delrin, and he is just swamped. It seems like for most makers the keyless flutes roll out the doors quicker than the keyed ones no matter what, though.

Francois described his flutes to me as Rudallesque, but I do think they're his own model and not a pure copy of any flute.

Eric
Lars Larry Mór Mott

Jayhawk: Ok, that explains it. Pretty normal wait time for a keyed flute imo.