The health benefits of whistles....

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

I went to my doctor for my 6-monthly appointment, since I have asthma. We did a peak flow reading, which I haven't done at home in probably over a month, and it had gone up by almost 100 points!!!!! For those who don't know, this is huge. She asked me if I'd started exercising or done something different, and I said, well, I started playing a wind instrument again after many years layoff. She said this could definitely do it. Now, my best readings haven't changed in years, so I can't say how pleased I am!

I thought I was going to blow the lid off the meter... :wink:

So, in addition to mental health benefits, there's this. Can't say enough good things about whistling!

Robin
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

That's amazing! I knew these silly whistles must be good for something.

Steve
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Also try flute.

Same effect, only moreso.

Best,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

As long as I can keep a whistle or flute to my lips while at a session, I'm not smoking!

It's been eight and half months with almost no smoking. I have had a few slip ups but nothing severe enough to go back smoking.

The worst is playing in a pub session and having more than two Guinnesses. The third is a killer combined with all the smoke in the pub. It is usually when I run for home.

So there are health benefits to playing the whistle and flute, IMHOP.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.