The Servant Song

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
revwhit
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by revwhit »

I am looking for the music or tabs for "The Servant Song" I hope someone on this board has seen it. You can listen to a midi of the tune at:
http://www.vaxxine.com/mountvw/Rodney/Servant.htm

I can't figure out how to download the midi to use with Tablature Karaoke. Maybe some of you can just hear and tell.

Thanks for the help.
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

It seems to be embedded in the HTML. I was going to say right-click and choose "save target as", but I don't think that will work here.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Reasonable person
Walden
revwhit

Post by revwhit »

Thanks Walden!
bob baksi
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by bob baksi »

Our choir sings & plays this periodically, typically at the Offertory portion of Mass. Especially beautiful in 4 part harmony.
Its in one of the Volumes of the Catholic Book of Worship, and if no one else can fulfill your request, email me off forum, and I can skip over to the parish hall and get details for you.
revwhit

Post by revwhit »

Hey bob baski - I'd love to know which book it is in. Looks like your e-mail is not accesible from this end.

Thanks
Whit+
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

Whit+
Sorry, don't know why the email is not activated, I've received a number of private messages previously from Board members.
Anyway, I'll pull out Servant Song tonight & private message you by tomorrow.
bob baksi

Post by bob baksi »

whit+
Check your C&F Private Message from me.
For others interested in this beautiful tune & lyrics,I have the guitar accompaniment version of The Servant Song in front of me. {There are at least 2 songs known by this name, the one I refer to is the same as the one Whit+ referred to in his original post}. The notation includes the 4 part vocal harmony plus the guitar chords. Its written in the key of Eb. Its Song 286 in Volume 2 of "Gather", put out by GIA Publications Inc. in Chicago. GIA seems to be the unofficial publication house for Catholic liturgical music in North America, and you easily find them if you're interested by searching "GIA" on the web. Alternatively, I've seen "Gather" music books in several Catholic bookstores, so you can try that source if you're interested in purchasing the whole book.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bob baksi on 2003-02-05 20:23 ]</font>