Sindt prices....

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Sindt prices....

Post by Steve Bliven »

If eBay is to be any indication, the price of Sindts is now officially over the top.

An A just went for $520.00 US :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: and a D for $ 345.00 US. :boggle: Previous high for an A that I recall was $219 about a month ago.

Cayden must be building a safe room for his collection as we speak....

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Sindt prices....

Post by maki »

Happy bidding!
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like the two final bidders were buying their first whistles.

Apparently you really have to want one of those Sindts by all means necessary.

Enjoy the whistles! :thumbsup:
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

Let's see, I have two A's, a Bb, B, C, two D's, and an Eb all made by Sindt. I paid $145 for the last A, which was the most expensive of the whistles I bought from John. So if I can get prices like these for mine, I could finally get that Vespa I wanted. Alternately, this is a better return, on a percentage basis, than my 401K has earned in the past 15 years. Maybe I could finally retire. :thumbsup:

Amazing.

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

Wow..!

Nice to know that the whistles that I'll never sell have increased in monetary value! Actually, I don't think I'd sell my favourite generation for that much, either. Sentimental value, and all. Yeah, another one like it could perhaps be bought eventually, but it's not the same thing. I bond heavily with my favourite tooters.

That being said, if I didn't have a sindt, I wouldn't pay 500$ for one, despite it being one of my top favourites. There are others right up there with the Sindt, too. In my opinion very few, but there are others.

And EcoHawk, if you could get prices like that for yours, you'd have to find a new whistle to get buried with! :lol:
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Silly money. People with more money than sense.
My brain hurts

kintailpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kintailpipes »

Doesn't John Sindt still make whistles? I bought a complete set from him a few years back and they are wonderful whistles but It didn't cost that kind of money.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

kintailpipes wrote:Doesn't John Sindt still make whistles? I bought a complete set from him a few years back and they are wonderful whistles but It didn't cost that kind of money.
Last I heard, he'd stopped taking orders to allow himself to catch up. Unclear if/when he might reopen the wait list. Does anyone know whether that Is still correct info?

Sounds like you are suddenly a wealthy man...

I have to admit that I'd consider selling my Sindt A if I thought it would bring the sort of figure the recent eBay sales show. It's a very nice whistle, but that's very nice cash.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

I just wonder how many bidders jumped in pokerfaced just to jack up the price of those Sindts? Shills anyone? Perhaps the Sindt owners intend to flip their whistles. :)
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

ecohawk wrote:Let's see, I have two A's, a Bb, B, C, two D's, and an Eb all made by Sindt. I paid $145 for the last A, which was the most expensive of the whistles I bought from John. So if I can get prices like these for mine, I could finally get that Vespa I wanted. Alternately, this is a better return, on a percentage basis, than my 401K has earned in the past 15 years. Maybe I could finally retire. :thumbsup:

Amazing.

ecohawk
Wow, that's an impressive lot...especially today...just curious, does you Bb, B, and Eb have their own heads with them or are they just extra tubes?
bogman

Post by bogman »

Totally stupid price for a tube with some holes in it. I would say it's a pretty safe bet that someone who pays that for a whistle can't play worth a sh*t.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Maybe someone is in love with someone who wants a Sindt and this is the only way they know how to purchase one. Love makes people to crazy @#$%.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

does you Bb, B, and Eb have their own heads with them or are they just extra tubes?
The eB is a tube I use on a D head. Other than one silver tube for one D, all the rest of my Sindt's are complete whistles.
Sirchronique wrote:Wow..!

And EcoHawk, if you could get prices like that for yours, you'd have to find a new whistle to get buried with! :lol:
Well, of course I wouldn't actually sell them all... :)

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
jbowen507

Post by jbowen507 »

Now imagine if the seller originally only paid $2 for the pair? http://thesession.org/discussions/30661

Jeff
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Steve Bliven wrote:If eBay is to be any indication, the price of Sindts is now officially over the top.

An A just went for $520.00 US :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: and a D for $ 345.00 US. :boggle: Previous high for an A that I recall was $219 about a month ago.

Cayden must be building a safe room for his collection as we speak....

Best wishes.

Steve

Steve,
Rumor has it that me Sindt's are guarded by a crazy man that has guns and knows how to use them when needed. :boggle:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!