My New Bracker Whistle Set

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Timothytiptoes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

My New Bracker Whistle Set

Post by Timothytiptoes »

Just wanted to give a high five to Hans Bracker and his whistles.

Earlier today I received my Hans Bracker Low C – B whistle set and I have wiled away most of my day playing and playing with this combo.....smile. Low whistles are my thing and this C-B set is really pleasing me. Hans has easily met any expectations I might have had for this pair. I am completely pleased with the aesthetic, tone and playing characteristics.

I hadn't previously played anything lower than a low C and I have to admit that the B is likely going to be my up and coming favorite. FWIW, I ordered both tubes with inline holes and I found that I was able to cover the holes and play the B pipe straight away.....relief!

Thanks for listening to my happy rant. tim
O'Mahony
Lars Larry Mór Mott
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: My New Bracker Whistle Set

Post by Lars Larry Mór Mott »

Glad to hear you're happy with it/them! Wow.. low B, i'd love to try one but i don't think i could play anything faster than an air due to fingering issues :)
the artist formerly known as Mr_Blackwood
Lulu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Lulu »

Tim, could you record some tunes on your low B whistle? I heard sound samples on Hans's site but you know, different player, place, microphone all this this will make different point of view.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Happy whistling...
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Tim,
NICE! Hans makes some wonderful whistles. High quality craftsmanship and beautifully voiced instruments with great responsiveness for expressive play. Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

A low b. wow. I love my Burke low c but have to play it using my little finger to cover the bottom hole. Can't imagine anything more.
Timothytiptoes

Post by Timothytiptoes »

Lars, come on over and drink some beers with me you would be welcome to wring it out.
Lulu, alright.... give me a chance to find my microphone.
ytliek, thanks for the good words.
Cayden I completely agree with your sentiment regarding Hans whistles..... I am a seriously wagging my tail.
Tom, I have some grande hands but I have to admit that any more hole spacing than the B tube and I would be a candidate for offset holes.
O'Mahony
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Tim, nice to hear you have some new tubes that wag your tail and wiggle your piggies! That's a great set, a Low B/C combo-sure to please the ears of us low guys and girls-wish it were more a standard offering, and there were more of them around on the used market too!

I have an old Chieftain Low B that is a pretty good handful to play, but well worth it, for the sound and feeling it gives when you play it. I don't have big hands or real long fingers, but I find if I relax when I play it, and let the holes fall on my hands where they want to, it's a bit easier to manage, along with playing time on it.

Glad to hear Hans has worked this combo out too-should make more people happy in the future-way to go Hans!

Have a blast Tim, and hope your Brackers keep you up on your tiptoes for a long while to come-Enjoy!
~~~~
Barry