F.S. - Ebonite Besson Boehm Flute at High Pitch - $400

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

F.S. - Ebonite Besson Boehm Flute at High Pitch - $400

Post by Sillydill »

Currently offered for adoption is an Ebonite Besson Co. of London (Model Name = Pelorn or Pelora ???) Boehm system flute at Continental High Pitch A = 452 Hz. I would guess this flute is from the early 20th Century. The serial number is 819, but this doesn't correlate with the records I've found online. I'm asking $400 (Offers will be considered).

Just a picture to show how short this flute is:

This is a fun playing flute with good intonation. The flute is fully playable, but when the pads dry out it is difficult to play the bottom C (all is well if I keep it played in). The only issue is a repair at the bottom of key bridge on the main body (see picture, I know it is hard to see, just a bit of glue).

The original case is included. It is well worn, but the hinges and clasps still work. I'm not sure if the grease pot is original. (When did plastics become common?)

Here's a bit of the history of Besson music company (Most of it from their own website: http://www.besson.com/en/saga/our-history )

Besson is still a trade name owned by Buffet Crampon and is used for a line of brass instruments.

Besson got his start in Paris in 1837 and opening in London in 1850.

Boosey & Hawkes acquired Besson London brand in 1948.

Finally Buffer Crampon acquires the Besson brand in 2006.

Please submit all inquiries via PM or Email.

Thanks for your interest!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: F.S. - Ebonite Besson Boehm Flute at High Pitch - $400

Post by Sillydill »

LAST CALL! $350 :puppyeyes:
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan