Michael McGoldrick Father/Son Whistle/Flute recording ??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

He's also planning a flute and whistle album with his dad. All the tunes will be traditional or in traditional style. "It's that old 'roots' thing again. Dad's a great whistler, with great tunes, and I want to get him playing more to bring back some of them to his memory. The playing style I'll be wanting of myself is what I always try for, flowing playing with good structure and ornamentation. It'll be Irish, of course; Irish music is the bedrock of everything I do, 'though of course my own style of it is strictly 'South Manchester', not East Galway like dad's!"
The above is a quote from an interview with Michael McGoldrick (from 2001, http://www.folkmusic.net). Anyone know if the father son recording was ever published? Sounds good!...

-Brett

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bretton on 2003-01-27 17:15 ]</font>
nickt
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by nickt »

No, but my name will be first on the order list!
Blayne Chastain
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

By the way... I asked this question in another thread but no reply... Does anyone know the tune that Mike McGoldrick is playing on the Songbird video clip off of the kerrywhistles.com site... ? Great tune... I learned it off that video and would like to know the name to it! I played it at a session last night and knowbody knew it... Hmmm...

Peace,
MacEachain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MacEachain »

Hi Blayne,
I can't check for sure as I don't have Quicktime installed anymore but I think it might be "The Bloom of Youth" from the CD "At First Light"

Cheers, Mac