FS: Jon C. "D" Pratten in Bocote

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
smitty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Jon C. "D" Pratten in Bocote

Post by smitty »

I've got a flute made by Jon C. in Bocote. It's a keyless Pratten pattern with brass tuning slide and brass rings. Very easy player and loud as well. Comes with a Jean Cavallaro soft case and delrin cleaning rod. I'm asking $400 (I will consider any reasonable offer though) plus actual shipping. PM me with any questions.

Thank you,
Tim
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS: Jon C. "D" Pratten in Bocote

Post by greenspiderweb »

I remember this flute fondly, though it was in my early days of fluting that I "owned" it, and traded it off only because I had to, to pursue what I thought best at the time.

Just wish I had the means to be able to revisit it now. I believe it was a very good flute. It certainly had a nice tone, and the workmanship was very good, from the early Jon C's flute production. I think many good flutes were made then, from the comments on the board from happy customers.

Here's a link to the original picture of the flute at the bottom of the page: It was very pretty when new, though it has darkened considerably since then.

viewtopic.php?p=249420&highlight=bocote
~~~~
Barry
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon has made some real crackers.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Now he just needs to make some chili and we'll be set...
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Jayhawk wrote:Now he just needs to make some chili and we'll be set...
I did make chili for dinner!
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Jon, I cheated on you last night and had another C&F member's chili. Still, it was a moment of synchronicity!

Eric