Lessons in Arizona

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aodhan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Aodhan »

Well, here in Phoenix we have a fairly new Irish Cultural Center, and they are now in their second round of offering lessons in Irish music and dance. Taught by local musicians, it's a REALLY nice deal!!

$65 for a 9 week session, just under one hour per week. I went to my first intermediate whistle class last night, and actually learned how to do a damned slide and how to start doing ornamentation. We also talked about musical theory, how to play by ear, and how to make music your own rather than just a sheet in front of you.

I am really looking forward to the rest of the classes! (I also started the beginning bodhran class, but ssshhhh!!! don't tell anyone!)

If anyone else is in the Phoenix area, I HIGHLY recommend the classes, especially for the price! They have Guitar, Banjo, Fiddle, Tin Whistle, Flute, Bodhran, Voice, as well as Irish Dance and Ceili classes. http://www.azirish.com

Just wanted to share, I'm really excited about this. I think it will be a large leap forward in my playing ability! (Which means I can justify more higher end whistles!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!) oops...sorry bout that. got a little twitchy there :oops:

Aodhan
energy

Post by energy »

On 2003-01-17 10:26, Aodhan wrote:
...(I also started the beginning bodhran class, but ssshhhh!!! don't tell anyone!)...
Aodhan, really! How could you degrade yourself like that? I'm very disappointed in you... :wink:
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

On 2003-01-17 12:11, energy wrote:
On 2003-01-17 10:26, Aodhan wrote:
...(I also started the beginning bodhran class, but ssshhhh!!! don't tell anyone!)...
Aodhan, really! How could you degrade yourself like that? I'm very disappointed in you... :wink:
Hey! Some of my best friends are dummers....er drummers. Heh...I just wanted to see how the other half lives anyway. I'm really a whistler/flutist...I promise...

No need to worry..really...I had my shots first. :grin:

Aodhan