Picard was playing a tin Whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
FireFighterLT
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by FireFighterLT »

Ok, Im not much on Start Trek but I was in the other room and heard a tin whistle through the house and it sounded good so I new it wasnt me. Possibly my wife but highly doubtful. I looked and it was Picard playing a tin whistle and the song was kinda cool. Does anybody know what the song is and where I can get the sheet music or MIDI for it?
2nd Wind

Post by 2nd Wind »

Yeah that episode that came on tonight on TNN was titled "The Inner Light". I have the orchestral version of the song with the whistle leading the solos. You can download it here----->(edited out). If you do a search on Captain Picard here, I do believe you can find a shorter clip (because this one is 6MB) and more info. Good Luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 2nd Wind on 2003-01-07 22:42 ]</font>
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

This must be a different file; it's 386K. Give it a try.

http://www.enterprise13.freeserve.co.uk ... _flute.mp3

Best wishes,
Jerry

Now, does anyone know where there's a MIDI of it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jerry Freeman on 2003-01-07 22:36 ]</font>
2nd Wind

Post by 2nd Wind »

Thanks for that link so I can get rid of that huge file off my webspace! Yeah that mp3 I have is 128kb sound I believe that's why it's so much bigger. I'll take it down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 2nd Wind on 2003-01-07 22:54 ]</font>
JSW

Post by JSW »

Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Someone posted the sheet music to this just a few days ago. Here's a link:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... forum=1&10
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Extremely cool!

By the way,I've mentioned before that there's software that will display and/or print out sheet music for any MIDI file.

It's available at http://www.notation.com . You can use it free for a month and then buy it if you like it for $35.

Also, if you want to delete the parts that you don't need so there aren't too many staves on the sheet music, pull down the "tracks" menu and click "delete track." You can speed up or slow down the playback, and you can edit and/or transpose, as well.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. I've no connection with the company that makes the software. I just think it's a great tool.
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.