VDM Flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Ben Shaffer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

VDM Flutes

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Nice website for these VDM Flutes made by Vincenzo DiMauro in Galway Ireland. The prices look pretty good as do the images of his Flutes.
Is anyone playing his regular model or student model. If so which one and what do you think of it?
Rob Sharer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Either NC, Co. Clare, or Freiburg i.B., depending...

Re: VDM Flutes

Post by Rob Sharer »

Vincenzo is a capital fellow, and his flutes are very nice. I played some student models and a couple of top-of-the-range ones at his shop in Galway a few years ago; they were crackers, nice session flutes all. I'm sure he's honed his craft considerably since then, and I'd love to have a go on a recent flute.

Go on, Ben! Let's get one sent to Cackalack so we can all have a go.

Rob
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

Ben Shaffer wrote:Nice website for these VDM Flutes made by Vincenzo DiMauro in Galway Ireland. The prices look pretty good as do the images of his Flutes.
Is anyone playing his regular model or student model. If so which one and what do you think of it?

Do you have a link?
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

Thank you.
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Oooh, like how he makes the keys: http://vdmflutes.free.fr/UK/Reperesuk.html