Square Plastic Sleeves?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Guyon
antispam: No

Square Plastic Sleeves?

Post by Guyon »

Has anyone run up on the square plastic sleeves similar to the ones that accompany Dixon whistles?

I carry my whistles in a drumstick bag, and I would like a few more of these sleeves to separate the whistles and to keep them from banging together. I contacted Dixon about them and was told that Dixon imports them from Germany and won't sell them separately.

I like the sleeves because they're adjustable for any length, you can see which whistle is in there, and the encased whistle has some on-the-go protection if you grab just one.

kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Square Plastic Sleeves?

Post by kkrell »

See the previous discussion

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71744
Guyon

Post by Guyon »

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Just a quick thought, in case I didn't mention it last time we discussed it: I keep one of my whistles (a Dixon) in one of those things, and the plastic has worn a complete ring around the whistle where the edge of the inner part of the plastic sleeve is. I don't really care, but it kind of defeats the object, I reckon.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Excellent news Ben :D

We just love defeated objects!!

hoping someone does not turn this into a foot fetish thing....
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Guyon wrote:I carry my whistles in a drumstick bag, and I would like a few more of these sleeves to separate the whistles and to keep them from banging together.
Yes, the rose quadra-pack tubes are very useful but not always easy to find. There are other materials that may be more readily available which provide the same protection in the drumstick bag. PVC tubes and end caps are cheap and easily available and come in different diameters. Golfers separate the clubs in their bags with poly tubes which are very inexpensive. They make a good vuvuzela or digeridoo in a pinch too. Round cardboard shipping tubes also come in a variety of diameters and lengths and are available at office supply stores. The cheapest route is to use socks to separate your whistles. And you can make a fashion statement as well. Colorful and outrageous socks are always available on clearance as evidenced by my wife's wardrobe.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by DrPhill »

I found that plumbing pipe made excellent containers for my low D whistles - complete with screw-on end-caps. Maybe you could do the same with smaller diameter plumbing pipe?

Phill
Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.
JTC111

Post by JTC111 »

A little late to the thread, but for what it's worth, a Kerry whistle I bought recently came in one of those square tubes.
Jim

I wish I were a Lord Mayor, a Marquis or an Earl
And blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl
Blow me if I wouldn't marry old Brown's girl

http://www.jimcaputo.com