FS, Ian Kinnear Celtic silver Scots smallpipes

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
piobmhor
antispam: No

FS, Ian Kinnear Celtic silver Scots smallpipes

Post by piobmhor »

Hi all,
i am offering for sale my Scots small-pipes due to having no time to play them as playing and making Uilleann pipes is eating all of my time.
They are an A and D combination set made in African Blackwood with cocobolo mounts.(two chanters and four drones) All the metalwork is hallmarked sterling silver and is hand cut with Celtic knotwork decoration that is very tastefully executed.
They were purchased off Ian in 2005 and have been going perfectly since they arrived. These pipes are in full working order and they are in excellent condition complete with bellows,leather bag, dark blue dress velvet cover, all cane reeds and hard case.
I have had many hours of pleasure playing this set but due to time issues already stated I don't want them just sitting in there case as they are such a nice set and should be played.

I am not too sure what price to ask for these pipes as they do not come on the market too often, I paid £2050 new so will say £1800 or any reasonable offers.
Anyone interested would be more than welcome to pm or email me at the address below for more info and pictures.
All the best and thanks for looking.
Chris.
piobmhor@hotmail.co.uk
piobmhor

Re: FS, Ian Kinnear Celtic silver Scots smallpipes

Post by piobmhor »

s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

That's a handsome set.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
piobmhor

Post by piobmhor »

Hi all, I have now listed these on ebay, Item number 270591997630, Along with all my highland piping books and manuscripts etc.
Have a look on there if interested.
Cheers, Chris. :)