So what's your big summer project?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

So what's your big summer project?

Post by mutepointe »

As usual, my big summer project will be attempting to mutate into a merman. At the very least, I want gills to develop this year. I don't yet have a plan on how to get from the backyard pool (if that is where mermanity is achieved) to warm southern waters or even where I should make my home. I prefer freshwater over saltwater but that limits the options.

I had to get an ear tube this year and will have to wear an ear plug while swimming. This will probably be beneficial since all the floating does tend to give me swimmer's ear. I'm wondering how sound will be different. I think I'll even wear an ear plug in the ear without the ear tube.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: So what's your big summer project?

Post by chas »

Camping with the family

Get at least half of the timber in the back yard split for next winter's heating (I love my new splitter. 24" oak logs, no problem)

Hopefully keep the yard moist enough to grow more moss and get the morel farm going

There are a few other things, but these are the biggies, in order of importance.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
weedie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by weedie »

Well it's Winter here Down Under........ but we have a project...moving house :( :) ..
After 20 years on a 15 acre property we're moving.....into suburbia...
It'll be a bit of a wrench and there'll be some adjusting to be made........but the advantages will be...No more 6 hours lawn mowing,no fences to fix,escapee cattle to chase,water pumps that always break when the shops are closed etc etc......and the Pacific Ocean about a mile away..
It'll be great to be back near the water again...fishing and surfing.Also there's Pub that has nice beer and sometimes entertainment and also an Irish Tavern for the Guinness fix and ocasional Irish Trad...within walking distance...
Oh-blah dee oh-blah da...life goes on ....

By the way Chas........did you get that Stephane Grapelli DVD ? .... I got mine...a big :thumbsup:
" Quiet is quite nice " ..... weedie .....
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

mutepointe wrote:As usual, my big summer project will be attempting to mutate into a merman.
It's going to be hard to top that. And the part that bothers me most is the "As usual".
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Denny

Post by Denny »

is okay, I tried fer most of a decade earlier in the saga.

good for the lungs, breath control, core muscles....no gills
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Gills. I like gills. But you have to buy six whiskies to get a whole gill. They only serve them in 1/6ths, at least in these parts. Up North it's different.

My summer project was a project for summer. Making a ribbon-shirt. Done. Now I'm tempted to make one in another pattern, and even slightly tempted to go retail (if there is any demand).

Actually the real summer project is to take enough days off work to use up my leave entitlement. Didn't manage it last year.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Last summer it was to get the basement cleared of years of disorganized building debris, and organize the remaining tools. Done.
This year my goal is to get the kid, now 18, driver's licensed. After several more paid outings with a professional instructor in May, they will, I hope, release his driving school completion certificate and we'll have June and July to take the test until passed. At which point he won't have access to a car again for a year or so.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Honey-Do-List. I had no idea males were allowed their own project lists, I'd bring it up but I'm afraid. Very afraid.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Trying to reach the f#/d keys on the tenor and barri regulators on my pipes. Oh other than that, work, and ride my bicycle as much as I can
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Shoved in between whistle making, kayaking, hiking, I'm planning on turning an old, overgrown perennial bed into a veggie garden. Renting a rototiller and just chewing the old stuff up. This is an experiment since the spot doesn't have the greatest sunlight in the world, but I'm hoping that there's enough to get at least a few 'maters out of it, some herbs, onions, maybe mini watermelons and anything else that strikes my fancy.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

Gosh, I hadn't though of a Summer project as such except getting my website ready for Halloween.

At the moment it's just getting my eldest through the first modules of her GCSEs. Then a couple of festivals (Latitude and Edinburgh) and a week of concentrated whistling.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Finishing mastering, and replicating my band's first live CD, on time, and under budget...

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979