What the...? Anyone have the board refuse to present itself?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dewhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dewhistle »

I tried and tried and kept getting messages saying it wasn't there. Then I try again and BOOM there it was. I was ready to bet the servers were down somewhere (and that exhausts my entire internet vocabulary).

Well, it's here now, anyhow. So I've decided that I shall pluck up my courage and play my whistle as I like because the oink that swore about it a couple of months ago also thinks nothing of shouting all morning in his apartment with his buddies, then leading them outside to swear loudly where my children can hear. I shut my window and it did nothing to soften the volume of voices exercised by a steady habit of YELLING EVERY D$#@ THING THEY SAY!!! It's not retaliation for my horrible beginner whistling; he doesn't know me. He's just an inconsiderate boob. So I sat and played my whistle by the window until they shut-up and left, but oh goody goody, they're back. I don't want to start a war with this, so I am going to be cautious with the whistling... they start the swear-yelling, I start the whistling with windows shut to drown them out. They stop, I stop. They MIGHT get it. I doubt it. I'd be happier if they just shut-up. Oh, I'm going to rat them out to the manager, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dewhistle on 2002-11-12 15:42 ]</font>
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Yeah, I've been having problems with it, on and off, this afternoon.

Loren
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Not only that, but there has been an uptick in the number of duplicate posts lately. I've been seeing them a lot more than I used to.

Aodhan
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Sure, it happens all the time. If this is the first time you've noticed it, it just means you actually have a life outside C&F.
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'll sometimes have just the banner load, without the posts. Usually if I hit reload (sometimes have to do this a couple of times), the whole thing comes up.

To be honest, this is easily the most glitch-free message board I've ever hung out on.

Redwolf
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

On 2002-11-12 19:16, Chuck_Clark wrote:
Sure, it happens all the time. If this is the first time you've noticed it, it just means you actually have a life outside C&F.
What a delightful point of view! I suddenly feel like a normal human... a feeling often all too elusive to mothers of small children. The surrealism of such an existence only grows when I get junk mail telling me I can enlarge my penis... It certainly couldn't get any smaller... Stupid junk mail. I don't know why I mentioned that... I guess I just think it's funny. Yeah.

Redwolf is right... this works a lot better than the other message board I frequent, and the posters here, I might add, are a lot more literate.
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Yes, yesterday I think it was, I couldn't access the board. I'd get the front page, but everything else came up as a blank with an error code at the top.
Light spills into the hidden valley,
Illuminating the falls, paths, and
The breathtaking Elvish dwelling
Set back among great trees.
Lilting strains of Elven songs fill my heart;
I am finally home.
~Isilwen Elanessë
serpent

Post by serpent »

Did Dale forget to mention it to you? The whistle board had evidently sneaked off to hold a session with the Wooden Flute mailing list. A good time was had by all, until the Uillean Pipe board found out, and started a (rather noisy) barney down th' pub, and they were all ejected for bad behaviour. No charges have been filed, and the perpetrators are all back at their jobs now.

:grin:
Serp
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

On 2002-11-14 10:36, serpent wrote:
Did Dale forget to mention it to you? The whistle board had evidently sneaked off to hold a session with the Wooden Flute mailing list. A good time was had by all, until the Uillean Pipe board found out, and started a (rather noisy) barney down th' pub, and they were all ejected for bad behaviour. No charges have been filed, and the perpetrators are all back at their jobs now.

:grin:
Serp
Yes, I know, and only the names have been changed to protect the insolent. :wink:
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
serpent

Post by serpent »

... lookin' at that picher of th' marx bros makes me think that with that third from th' left, there wuz an eye-talian in th' woodpile... hmmmmm... missus marx, any comments?
soipent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"