FS: Afghan Rubab (Rare string instruments)

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
RainInEden_K
antispam: No

FS: Afghan Rubab (Rare string instruments)

Post by RainInEden_K »

This is a long shot, but if anyone is interested I have a couple great instruments available.

I play Afghan Rubab, an amazing ancient instrument from Afghanistan and NW Pakistan. The instruments I have are made by one of the few remaining Afghan master makers who lives in Pesharwar. The two available are both plain without decoration. They are standard 28 size and have three playable strings, two long drones and 14 sympathetics. The body is Mulberry with goat skin sound board.

These are spare instruments I ordered last fall to help support the maker who has had a very hard time with the increased violence in his city. Taliban frequently threaten musicians and instrument makers and it has all but killed their ability to make a living. So I hope to sell these two and order a couple more to help keep them in business a little longer.

If you are interested in these or in ordering any Afghan instruments, please get in touch. If you want to learn more about the music, please write or PM as well.

Prices are negotiable but I expect to offer these for about USD450.00 each. As long as I cover the cost to order more and support the maker, I am willing to negotiate prices or I can help you negotiate pricing for a custom made instrument.
RainInEden
http://www.rainineden.com
Silk Road Music
Tokyo, Japan