Woodstock whistle...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Just went to a local mall ( ugh!) and in one of those nature/new-age type stores came across a new version of the Sweetone labeled The Woodstock Whistle. Apart from the name, it looks just like a regular Sweetone. Just thought you might be curious.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
jimr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jimr »

Yes, they are made and labeled for Woodstock by Clarke UK. Woodstock used to sell Clarke product but moved so many pieces that they opted for putting their name on them.

We can do the same for any high volume buyers. Maybe there is a need for a Chiff & Fipple Brand Sweetone out there? If we all buy just one...

Jim
Clarke USA
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

I think that's a great idea!! I asked Dale about a C&F whistle a while back but either my mail never got through to him or he was too busy, and he never replied. Maybe a C&F whistle could be made in some exclusive color ( any suggestions?), and the proceeds used to support the expenses of C&F, charity, etc. I for one would play such a whistle proudly, and buy others to give as gifts.
Got wood?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2002-11-06 07:34, brewerpaul wrote:
Maybe a C&F whistle could be made in some exclusive color ( any suggestions?), and the proceeds used to support the expenses of C&F, charity, etc.
I think that the blue color of the background of this post would be good, mayhaps. Nothing says C&F to me more than the Forum color scheme.
Reasonable person
Walden
serpent

Post by serpent »

On 2002-11-06 08:07, Walden wrote:
On 2002-11-06 07:34, brewerpaul wrote:
Maybe a C&F whistle could be made in some exclusive color ( any suggestions?), and the proceeds used to support the expenses of C&F, charity, etc.
I think that the blue color of the background of this post would be good, mayhaps. Nothing says C&F to me more than the Forum color scheme.
Beware, Walden! My coup d'etat nears completion, and I intend to change the BG to a "Green mamba" motif! :grin:
Cheers,
Bill Whedon
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
goesto11

Post by goesto11 »

Jim,

You mentioned here and in another thread (about a low D Clarke, I think) that you are somehow involved with Clarke USA. If you don't mind, could you tell me what is the relationship between you and Clarke, and also about a relationship between Copeland and Clarke? Thanks!

John Mac
MR

Post by MR »

Cool!

I want one with Dales face on it (the one he use to end his posts with).

Or maybe one in pink with the whistle playing bunnyman.

/MarcusR
jimr

Post by jimr »

On 2002-11-06 10:30, goesto11 wrote:
Jim,

You mentioned here and in another thread (about a low D Clarke, I think) that you are somehow involved with Clarke USA. If you don't mind, could you tell me what is the relationship between you and Clarke, and also about a relationship between Copeland and Clarke? Thanks!

John Mac
John,
Michael had done work for Clarke 5 or 6 years ago on the Sweetone mouthpiece.

In the last few years we have consulted with Clarke to help improve quality control with their Original manufacturing process and test the Meg's progress.

At Summer's end we agreed to help develop a Copeland/Clarke Low whistle, modeled after the Original. We are starting with the Low D, a no-brainer, and will work on Low G, Bb, and A designs as well in coming years. The idea, of course, is to provide a quality low price Low whistle. This should open up the instrument to many who cannot afford or justify the investment in high-end whistles.

Finally, Clarke UK was aware that they needed expert tech support and marketing efforts in the US and Canada. Clarke product is just simply not available in enough music stores and the possibilities in the school music scene are endless. The whistle should supplant recorders as the instrument of choice for young people being introduced to music. Thus Clarke USA was born! Michael and I are partners along with the owner of Clarke UK.

Our market is to distribute Clarke product to retailers and be responsible for store and end-user support.

Copeland Woodwinds will (soon) provide 0n-line retail sales from the Clarke UK and USA web sites.

That's the whole story, in a nutshell!
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jimr on 2002-11-06 11:54 ]</font>
Sandy Jasper

Post by Sandy Jasper »

Jim

Which one is you on the Copeland website? It would be nice if you had your names on the pics.

Best Wishes,

Sandy
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

re: Clarke Low D

Goodness! It's actually happening!
goesto11

Post by goesto11 »

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I think that is fantastic news. I am really looking forward to playing a Clarke Low D. I think it will have an interesting sound.

John Mac
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Paint them purple! :grin:
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

My wife Charlene suggests a tie-dye paint job...
Got wood?
tin tin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

Post by tin tin »

I would certainly buy a C&F whistle. I like the idea of Dale being represented on the whistle--Whistling Billy, currently pictured on the whistle, could become Whistling Dale.
Micah
jimr

Post by jimr »

On 2002-11-06 11:59, Sandy Jasper wrote:
Jim

Which one is you on the Copeland website? It would be nice if you had your names on the pics.

Best Wishes,

Sandy
I'm the younger, heavier one pictured. Mike is really, really old and always wears a hat!
:smile:
Jim